Where do I turn when all is lost?

I find it hard to get out of bed for anything anymore, including work. I’m always tired. My depression, anxiety, and lack of connection to those around me drives a wedge between myself and the ones I love. I find it hard to keep jobs and have a meaningful relationship with the one person I want to spend my life with. Most of all it affects my children. Where do I turn when there’s nothing left for me in life? Where do I begin to rebuild myself and learn to love myself again? It’s hard for me to reach out for help because I am locked in a room within my own mind screaming to be let out but my voice is never heard. Where do I turn?

2 Likes

Hi mike!

I’m so sorry depression has really taken your life to a dark place. I want you to know that I am so proud of you for posting here. Sometimes just opening up, even to people online, can help bring some hope. You say that there is nothing for you in life. But that’s not true, you have so much left to experience and feel in this life. The road of dealing with depression and self love is a long and tricky road, but it is possible. It’s not like this easy straight shot path, but it is possible to wake up and just feel okay. Where do you begin? I think right here, you just posting where was a first step, just reaching out for help. But now I want to encourage you to reach out to someone in your day to day life. Maybe a loved one. Reaching out for help is such a huge battle. I know I really struggle with that too. But if you keep this inside it will eat you up inside. And if you ever feel like you are alone or you can’t talk to anyone, you can always turn here. Hold fast!

Love,
Cassie

3 Likes

It’s hard to reach out to people when from past experiences, people just brush it off or tell me it’s all in my head, or even that it’s a stupid excuse for my actions. Nobody around me comprehends that I’m not ok and that I’m slowly falling apart inside. I don’t want to go down the road that my uncles went down before they eventually took their own lives. I’ve tried everything that I know to do to try and make it known that I need help and actually want to get better

2 Likes

These last few weeks I’ve been struggling with my depression and anxiety and it has been effecting my school work and I just have two weeks to get through and I’ll have my BA if I can do well on the exams. I’ve just felt so lost, I’ve never had solid friends that I can go to when my mind gets too messed up. I’ve been using bad coping mechanisms like drinking and doing drugs. I had been doing so well and now I just feel that I’m back to square one and it’s hard moving forward when I can’t get out of bed and it just feels like that I can barely breathe and I am just suffocating. My lack of energy also comes from me not being able to sleep or eat.

1 Like

Mike, thank you for taking the time to share your story and to open up and be vulnerable. That takes immense strength. I’m sorry you have been going through the depths of depression and anxiety! I understand how painful it can be, especially to the ones we love. It’s not easy. It can be very hard to find the light and the hope. I have been dealing with that too for years and years. It may be happy for a while but then things turn dark and I feel so worthless. I get it.

Just know you are loved and cared for in the eyes of God and by each of us here! You are absolutely not alone. We are a family and a community here and we always have each other!

Try to find something today that will bring a smile to your face or some joy in the darkness. I believe in you! Have hope and stay strong my friend!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing Mike. I know that I have trouble finding the motivation to do things some days. You’re not alone in the world. Whenever my dad comes home from work he doesn’t talk to me unless he wants something or I did something wrong in his eyes. I try to talk to him and he just gives me small answers. You’ll get through it friend. I have faith in your abilities. we love you friend. Hold fast!

1 Like

I am totally feeling like that right now. I’ve been searching and applying for jobs with no luck. I feel like a burden to my brother with whom I live. I think the only thing that keeps me going is my social dancing and that community.

1 Like

@Mike33 Hold Fast friend.

GET YOUR COPY OF OUR WORKBOOK ON DEPRESSION FREE HERE: https://heartsupport-merch.myshopify.com/products/send-me-a-dwarfplanet-book

4 Likes

This video really hit me hard. I’m so thankful for these guys taking time out to try and help me through these hard times I’m having. I have started reading the book “Mountains” and participating in the devotionals. All I ever wanted was for someone to shine a light in the right direction. After watching this video I see a lil more clearly although I understand that it will take some time. I’m willing to put in the work to get better. Not just for myself, but for my family. And for these guys to show love and support I am truly thankful

2 Likes

@Mike33

Go for it! This community has your back! If you want to share of what it is going on with your life, this forum is open. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

1 Like

@Mike33
You’re taking a major step by coming here and expressing yourself. This is a good place. Reading your words i can empathize with you. I’m a husband and a father yet I deal with the same feelings as you. Ive been misunderstood nearly all of my life (raised in a strict home). I may not have all the answers but I can say you are not alone man. You’re not the only one who may feel this way. Feel free to reach out to me any time even if it’s just for small talk.

1 Like

Thanks brother. Same to you, Feel free to reach out anytime man.

1 Like