Whew I’m nervous

I’m going to come out to my entire youth group today on the 13th when I get there which is by the end of the day and it’s literally 12 am right now. I’m very nervous but I’m ready.

I have everything laid out and planned out for myself. For the most part I’m just scared of the outcome, but I’m absolutely prepared to come out and say exactly who I am. Still can’t help getting the shivers really.

Trevar is very much onboard tho so atleast I have that going for me.

I’ll reply here with update on how everything went or what’s going on with the whole thing! :]

9 Likes

Good luck! Hope your plan works

2 Likes

Hey @Sky-Trev,

That’s a very important step. I’m really proud of you for doing this. I hope everything will go well and you’ll only receive love and understanding. Thinking of you. Rooting for you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you! Thank you both! I won’t be telling my parents yet since they have clear signs they could do malicious things but, I trust my group will keep it in the group you know? :] Thank you again!

4 Likes

Totally makes sense! It’s so precious to have a space like your youth group. So glad you feel safe there. You got this!!

2 Likes

Thanks! Currently getting ready and looking never my notes about it and all.

It’s good to have allies before you venture into hostile territory. I’m glad you feel comfortable coming out to your youth group. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Yes! I’ll be sure to be leaving updates! :] It’ll very likely be near the end of the day though but right now I’m looking over my notes that I have and then also doing my school work.

1 Like

Update, I’m like leaving in an hour or so and I’m getting a bit nervous and shaky, I’m going to ask my minister about it first and then come out before the meeting starts

3 Likes

fingers crossed - It sounds that you’ve been preparing this moment like a champion. You got this. <3

3 Likes

Best of luck! :blush: :heart:

2 Likes

Alright I’m already dressed up and ready to go, just waiting for a friend of mine in the group to pick me up

This must be a bit nerve-racking, but I’m so happy you’re taking a big step like this!! Gosh does this remind me of when I came out to my friends. I’m so excited to hear how it goes!

2 Likes

I’m on my way now I’ll update you guys a few hours later about it

2 Likes

Coming out, turned out the exact opposite of what I thought or even expected, my youth minister, someone who I am close to and deeply trusted…said I wasn’t who I truly was I guess

I asked if we could talk privately and I was going to tell her everything but, she said I was a female and a girl forever and I should separate personality or not listen to my brain…

Honestly I don’t fucking know anymore, I fucking give up, I give up, I feel more like a freak more than ever before, I should just go, I’m too abnormal to exist anyways.

4 Likes

@Sky-Trev i want to say this, I so very proud of you! The amount of courage it must of taken to do what you did is incredible. I understand it didn’t play out like you hoped and unfortunately it happens. People seem to reject things that they don’t understand. So keep your head up! You took a bold step forward, that in itself is a victory even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. I hope this helps just a little.

5 Likes

I am happy for you that you still got the courage to talk up. I didn’t have this courage a lot of times in different situations, so to have the courage to speak up and to not back up a few hours before or even minutes is a big thing. If they don’t understand you it’s their problem. The human brain can understand little of the world.

Don’t feel down! We’re here for you.

4 Likes

You took a major and necessary step forward, and revealed your courage. Your minister has yet to evolve in wisdom regarding this. Even though she failed in giving an appropriate response, odds are, her conscience is sending her the message that she needs to re-evaluate her thinking on the matter. Right now, her limited understanding makes her the only freak in the room.

There are more blessings than you can imagine in being “different.” Your gains in wisdom are accelerated. You most likely see the world from a far more objective viewpoint than your peers. You are challenged to learn about self-love and empathy, and you are more than up to the challenge. While your peers are struggling and anxious about what others think of them, you can focus on being a good friend to yourself. That will make you a far better friend to others. You will become good at recognizing authenticity in others. The important thing now is self-acceptance and respect. Now, you’re far more likely to find out who your true friends are.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry the result wasn’t what you expected, Sky-Trev. I just want to strongly echo what our friends said already: what you did was very strong and you are not a freak or abnormal. Your youth minister shared what is meaningful to them, what makes sense to them and their own truth. It’s part of their own reality and stems from their own experiences in this world. But sometimes our truth collides with someone else’s. It’s not your fault. You are the very first one and only expert of your own experiences, of how you feel in your body and your mind. People can share experiences, perspectives, but they can’t take your experience away from you. No one can invalidate you.

My heart breaks with you, friend. We’re all in this with you.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you all, I really thought it was the end of the line for me, but every one of you showed me otherwise.

Reasons why I reacted so badly is that that youth minister I see her as a parental figure more than my mother, it deeply hurt and shocked me hearing her say that. Someone I saw as a motherly figure didn’t accept me as I am. I couldn’t believe it, I, I was shocked. I never felt so, uncared for I guess.

She was someone I constantly looked up to and felt so comfortable around, nearly comfortable like I was to my boyfriend but, it turns out my trust shouldn’t exactly have gone too close to her. I guess I’m just a bit of a mix of emotions right now, but even then, thank you all. I needed it, really.

5 Likes