Whew I’m nervous

@Sky-Trev that’s awful that you were betrayed by a trusted parental figure. I can imagine it felt like the floor collapsing under you.

As for her, I don’t think that was a very Christian response from a youth minister. One of the fastest way to drive people from your mission is to minimize or negate the things they bring to you in confidence. God loves each and every human he created, and her dismissal of something so heavy and important that you confided in her is not loving her neighbor. Clearly she has her own views, maybe you caught her off guard with something she didn’t expect to hear, and just maybe sometime you can have a more productive discussion about it.

I hope this incident doesn’t turn you away from God or the church, and I even hope it doesn’t irreparably destroy what was a good relationship with her. She’s human, and as such she and her judgments are flawed. Remember that God loves you, and that’s what matters more than anything else.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.