Who am I?

So. Where to start?
I’ve noticed in my journey over the last week or two a recurring theme jumps out at me a lot.

“Love yourself”

I am trying to figure out how to do that. Or if I already do? This has lead me to a recurring feeling I’ve had for a long time. I feel like my online persona Snoops and my IRL persona are different people. I havent felt like snoops was really me. I feel like I put on a show online. My username becomes a mask. A lot of people like Snoops. Snoops seems to be the life of the party and fit in everywhere and make friends easily. I like Snoops!!

I’ve been revisiting this idea. Trying to figure out how to be more like Snoops! What is so great about her that I can like her… and what is so horrible about IRL me that makes me not like myself. And u know what. The more I thought about their differences… the more I realised they dont have that many. So… if I like Snoops… and Snoops and I are pretty much the same… then… EUREKA I like ME!!!

Theres still a lot I need to work on. (I kinda relapsed and gave away too many more sub gifts the other day, but I’m not beating myself up about it)

But for now I’m accepting this as a small victory on the road to good mental health!!

Thank u Casey, for the crushing it streams, and being YOU
Thank u Dan, for seeing into my soul and speaking to me (even tho I was watching a VOD)
Thank u Kit, for telling me I’m worth it! And being an amazing roll model to all your fans in so many ways!

And thank all 3 of u for all the smiles and love u bring to the world everyday.

6 Likes

Claire, this is brilliant. I don’t know all that much about you, but I like the /you/ that you’re finding overlap in both cases. Your heart is precious and good. I believe there’s more for you, more self-love, more discovery, more kindness to yourself. I’m on a similar journey myself, and am inspired by what you’ve written. GREAT WORK!!

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean, and I’ve wondered the same thing but in reverse! Sometimes I’m not a fan of the streamer, but then I remember that I AM the streamer and I love me so just be myself and have fun with it. I think a lot of us who stream are on this journey together even though it’s not a common topic of discussion.

2 Likes