Why am I alive

Lately I have been struggling with my thoughts and emotions. I am a last year student of nursing. I don’t want to study. I cant handle stress anymore.I lack motivation and ambition. I feel un useful. Nothing makes me happy, I miss feeling happy. I feel like life would go on normally without me, nobody would notice that I am not around. I don’t want to die but I keep imagining my self dead. I keep thinking about the reason I am alive. I never used to be like this, I hate this. Sorry for how long this is.

2 Likes

At one point you decided you wanted to be a nurse, that shows your true heart to help others, that 100% is why people would miss you. Motivation is hard to find when school gets to you, its a lot of stress, been there. I live my life by 3 little things, I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST. Everything you do in life put this to practice. I can finish school, I will finish school, I must finish school. You are hear looking for support and soon you will be the one helping so many. Love You!

2 Likes

Hey Dimi - thank you so much for coming here and joining and posting. I am glad to “see” you here today. I’m sure being a nursing student is grueling, and burnout is a struggle for even the best of student sometimes. The way you’re feeling is hard to move through, I highly suggest connecting with a campus resource for mental health if offered, or a therapist or even counselor at a community center or church around you. They can absolutely help you work through and process some of your emotions and thoughts. No matter how you feel or what your brain tells you, remember that you are worthy of love just as you are. Something that helps me on the darkest of days is this poem: https://www.wattpad.com/487095675-songs-and-written-poetry-hannah-dains-don’t-kill

Also, should you need any of these, please don’t hesitate to reach out for support:
Suicide Lifeline in the US: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Transgender Lifeline: US: 877-565-8860 | Canada: 877-330-6366
International: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
To text a trained Crisis Counselor, text HOME 741741
Veterans Crisis Hotline: Text 838255
more chat, text, call & accessibility options: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

YOU MATTER! <3 Hope to see you on here again sometime. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Hi Dimi, welcome and thank you so much for coming here for support. I know exactly what kinds of feelings your describing- I feel like this a lot too. But you and I don’t need a ~reason~ to exist. We are valid people just as we are, and we deserve life and love, no matter how much or little we feel like we contribute. I’m sure people would miss you and I’m sure your reach is so much farther than you know. Please never feel like a burden for reaching out for support <3

2 Likes

Hey @Dimi

First off I wanted to say thank you for choosing the nursing career and committing to helping people even during these uncertain times.

Second, welcome and thank you for being vulnerable with what you have been struggling with emotionally and mentally lately. I notice you here and now!

I agree with what @MommaFoxFire said because having somewhere to listen one on one helps a lot with processing the thoughts in your mind and emotions you are feeling. I for one am doing the same thing right now.

Please please please keep reaching out for love and support because you matter a lot.

This place is/was/should be built for us all to share love, respect, and support to each other in the good times and bad.

Love you

Eric F

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.