Why am I so useless?

Everything I do is just a waste of time, I try acting thinking I’m good at it, turns out that I suck at it. I try singing, all I think is how much better everyone else is. I can’t make anyone else happy, not even my own mother. Everything I try and or do, backfires and just makes me feel worse and more emotionless.

@Sin0pa Friend, you are far from useless. Hold fast.

Edit: Unfortunately some of my audio was cut for copyright, I put together what I could for my response to you. My apologies.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I would’ve never expected someone to try to help me this much! You are a great person!

1 Like

Hey, I think its more important to enjoy what you are doing than to be the best at what you are doing.Life isn’t all about being better than others and making everyone about you happy, it about doing things that make you happy. And you should always keep in mind that its takes practice to get good at something. I played softball for about 10 years and I promise you I was no where near being the best, but I loved to play. I made many mistakes and I often times embarrassed myself, however I found a way to keep playing even though I know I may have disappointed my teammates when I made some of those mistakes. You are doing great. Don’t judge yourself based on others.

3 Likes

Hey @Sin0pa,

You are not useless, friend. It’s awesome to have hobbies and you can learn many things from it. But learning something can be a long journey. It’s okay if you don’t know how to act or sing perfectly right now. You are on a learning path. Stay curious. Let others inspire you but don’t diminish yourself. We live in societies where there’s already a lot of pressure on our shoulders to achieve so many things at the same time. Exploring an activity is also a matter of enjoying what you’re doing! And when you enjoy something, it gets easier to reach your personal goals.

It’s also really kind of you for wanting to make others happy. Don’t forget that you matter too. To enjoy the present moment and acknowledge your own progress is important. It’s not a waste of time at all. Everytime you’re trying, you’re already growing and learning.

Hold fast, friend. You are doing great. :heart:

2 Likes

No need to thank me, you’re a part of this community and I felt the need to reach out to you. This is simply my way of doing so right now. But to mirror a lot of what others have said as well, it’s sweet of you to want to make others happy but you can’t do that without being happy yourself first. Don’t forget that you matter simply for being you. And just because you aren’t the best at something right away, that’s never a reason to give up because it’s all a part of the learning process. Be kind to yourself and just keep moving forward. This community is here for you!

Thank you for your support! :blush: