Why do I bother? So many things are beyond my control!

Why do I bother? So many things are beyond my control! I am exasperated and frustrated in so many ways it is wearing my out mentally and physically

2 Likes

Hey there,

It sounds like things have been pretty overwhelming lately. Can you tell me a little bit about what’s been going on?

2 Likes

Decades of high stress. The last seventeen months have been particularly horrible, not just because of CV-19. So many things and all moderate ongoing stress or high stress. Don’t really know where to start! My doctor has just put me on blood pressure and chlorestoral meds

1 Like

It truly does sound like so much has been going on. I’m sorry things have been so stressful lately! Plus it sounds like COVID has been making an already difficult seventeen months that much harder, understandably so.

Stress seems to have been a constant for a while now and it takes it’s toll mentally and physically. What are some things you usually do when you’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed?

2 Likes

Here’s a brief list - pet bereavement, family bereavement, stalking, harassment and defamation, delayed court case, being told off for taking someone to court, unfair treatment by churches, ill health (high blood pressure, sleep apnoea and bi-polar), physical attack in last May, not being able to find a new home, etc.

1 Like

That is so much to carry. I’m sorry you are having to endure so much. Those are not simple stressors so it’s completely understandable why you’ve been so overwhelmed. The amount of strength you have to be able to carry all that you have and still keep moving forward is something to recognize for sure. You have had the courage to keep going despite everything going one both mentally and physically. I’m sure it has been hard to keep pushing forward though. Things pile up and take their toll, but I would encourage you to remember that although there may be many things out of your control, the one thing you can always control are your actions. It sounds like you’re doing the best you can right now and that is really important given your circumstances.

What would be most helpful to you from us right now?

2 Likes

I honestly do not know. Maybe a few Zoom chats?

2 Likes

I’ve thought about chats as well. On Discord, there’s a room called 777, and it has a few voice chat areas. It’s hard to coordinate meeting times, but I tend to be around between nine thirty and one thirty eastern time.

Sometimes it helps to look back and see what you’ve already overcome, and although you may feel worn down, you can look back on the evidence of your strength.

What do you do to recharge your batteries and take your mind off your problems for a time?

I did figure out how to set up Zoom calls too.

Great! Maybe trying out what Wings suggested with discord could be a good place to start!

I tried Discord a few times but found it difficult to use, confusing and cluttered. I far prefer relatively simple user-friendly stuff like Zoom

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.