Why I don’t have any friends lonely forever

Guys i think i have social anxiety i have no friends I’ve always tried to make friends but I couldn’t idk how to start a conversation i’m bad like i’ve been trying since 3 years ago and now im gonna graduate from highschool with no friends help me please I don’t wanna live the rest of my life without friends this is my only wish :frowning: all of my family keeps asking me why I don’t invite or hangout with any friends i always answer them that I don’t like to go out all of my sisters always having fun with theirs friends group i wish if I could feel that oneday I’m pathetic i hate my life

3 Likes

I feel that, I say try to pick up a hobby or sport to find people with similar taste. If you into book or movie that good conversation. Just keep trying be open to people. I know high school sucks, I have similar situation and let be honest, people can suck. However it good that know you have society anxiety. Actually what might help to a social anxiety group, they give a lot insight how to talk to people and it usually people in the same shoes. Stay strong friend!

3 Likes

Hey Madison

I totally can relate to this. I am not very good at making friends. I have always been really awkward. And as an Autistic, small talk and contributing to a convo has never been my expertise. Online I seem to do it a lot better.

Sometimes it helps to find groups of people that are interested in the same things. I know with the current global issue of Covid-19 I know that making friends is really hard because we are encouraged to stay inside and not be around a lot of people

But maybe when things begin to normalize whenever that is, you could try to find groups of people that have similar interests. Do you like bored games? Do you know people that would be up for a friendly board/card game night? Everyone could bring a game of their own that is easy to learn, bring snacks, soda etc and just hang out some weekend. That is a lot of fun!

Do you like anime or movies? You could have a movie/anime night where you watch your favorite movies or shows. Again, snacks, pizza, soda whatever and just hang out. Sometimes doing things like this is a really good way to better connect and get to know people in a very casual situation. (:

Do you like reading? Maybe you could try to host a reading club or something. Even if just in your own discord where people could discuss and share their passion with you or ideas for new books.

Some ideas (:

2 Likes