Why is everyone so selfish?

Hello i‘m Sad2005.
I haven‘t been depressed or suicidal for some time.
But that has changed again.
Today i had a really bad stomach ache and i wanted to go and make me a heating pad.
As i was filling the pad with water, i completely lost myself and that has brought the pad to overfill with hot water. I burned my whole hand and spilled all of the water on the table. My parents saw and proceeded to scream at me and calling me useless. That really hurt my feelings. They didn’t even care about me or my hand. They were saying that they don‘t have time for my problems and that they are tired of me. My mom then even checked on my cats to see if i scared them. No one checked on me or my hand. Because of them i cut myself again and had a really bad mental breakdown. Why are they so selfish? I try my best to be perfect but no one appreciates me. No one cares or loves me. I‘m super upset and i‘m sorry if anyone finds this text stupid.
I‘m trying to get my thoughts out of myself.

Sad2005

3 Likes

Not stupid at all. It’s good to have a place like this to vent. It does hurt for sure to feel unwanted and perhaps overlooked. People say things in anger they really don’t mean. I don’t have the right words but I do know what you are going through. Someone out there does care.

3 Likes

Hey friend,

Thank you so much for being here. What you shared and how you feel is not stupid at all.

While I’m not living with my parents anymore, the situation you described really hits close to home. Oftentimes, when something bad happened or when my mom behaved in a wrong way, instead of checking on me she was used to cuddle our cat and being excessively kind to him while I was crying next to her. It always made me feel both upset and sad - just some deep emotions that I didn’t know how to express at the moment. It breaks my heart to hear about your parents reaction - that’s not how it should be.

In the midst of this, I want to echo our friend @HyruleGiGi here: know that you are loved and cared for, right here and right now. We might be strangers living in different places, but it doesn’t prevent you to be loved just as you are. Being upset in this situation is totally understandable. And you don’t have to be perfect or to prove your worth. You are not useless. You’re not an annoyance. You’re not invisible. There are truths that keep being real, no matter what your parents say.

I hope your hand is okay. Hope you managed to take care of it and give yourself the care you need. If it hurts in days to come, it could help to get some aloe vera gel to apply on it - but that doesn’t replace a visit to your doctor if it’s needed.

Try to be gentle with yourself today. Maybe to do something healthy that you enjoy, only for yourself. I’m sending hugs to you, and I hope for your heart to regain some peace. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for answering :heart:

Hi @Sad2005 -

It does hurt to feel belittled and uncared for. That cuts deep and is a pain that doesn’t easily go away. I am hoping that your hand is okay. Cold water should help with it, if it’s still hurting. @Micro stated something that I definitely want to echo - you don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be authentically you. You aren’t worthless or useless. We see you. We hear you.

I’m glad you came here to talk and get these thoughts off your chest. I tell you that, because I do care. I promise, I do. You are wanted here. Don’t hesitate to talk to use anytime you need to.

<3 Tara

3 Likes

Thank you so much for being so sweet and thoughtful :heart:

Heya. No kidding, people suck, family included. Their lack of care for you is honestly disgusting.

One thing I never really considered when I was young living at home was that I wouldn’t have to be around people who sucked forever, and that as an adult once I gained some independence, I’d be able to surround myself with good people who genuinely care.

Right now is hard. There’s nothing I can say that’ll make it easier. But know that the future will be brighter, if you can just get yourself there. Keep up the attitude of trying to be good, you’ll eventually find people who’ll appreciate you greatly for it. And don’t look back once you find them. You owe your parents nothing.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice :laughing:

I hope to move out when i grow older.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.