WMHD Fan #1

My husband has been cheating on me. It’s been a rough 3 years already. I dont k ow if I can wait any longer for him to get himself where he needs to be.

It sounds like you are going through an extremely rough experience with your husband. You feel that trust broken and in those moments it can be hard to trust your husband, and even your own judgement. Marriage is a constant journey of open communication and when that fails it’s hard to not feel like you’ve failed. But you haven’t. I am so sorry you are going through this and am here to listen in anyway I can.

Being someone who has been cheated on, in multiple relationships, I understand feeling that way. You might feel as though you’re stuck, just waiting for them to change, but there is always hope. It might help to go to a marriage counselor to help diagnose the issue further and understand each other’s point of view, but it might need to be addressed between the two of you and something needs to be done. I totally understand that you love the person who is hurting you, but you can only take so much and maybe taking a break or separation can be healthy for you, either mending the relationship, or realizing that it needs to end.

I’m really sorry you are going through this. I can’t imagine how exhausting this all feels. How every you decide to move forward with all this just remember that you matter, and you have worth. Other people’s actions are not a reflection of your intrinsic value.
When my grandfather died I took it really hard. When it was time for his service I couldn’t look at him. I felt like everyone was telling me how to handle it. What I “needed” to do. Some even told me I was wrong for the way I grieved and that I needed to look at him.
After talking to my counselor she said that I made the right decision by listening to my body. A lot of times we know in our gut what will be the most helpful to us returning back to centers. That doesn’t mean rush into decisions, but it does mean to take into consideration into what our mind and heart are telling us.
I know this is really tough now, but whatever way this all goes, you are not alone, you have people That love you and care about you. I’m not sure where you fall on faith, but I believe that there is a God that loves you unconditionally and there is nothing that you can do or that can be done to you that will take that away.

I’m so sorry your husband cheated on you. That kind of betrayal is devastating for anyone. I’m a recovering sexual addict and what caused me to cheat on my wife we’re very deep wounds from childhood - she is an amazing women, more than I deserve. She’s stuck with me because I got help and am in recovery. You’re not alone. You’re valued and needed by people in your life. Right now things are hard, but you are a bright spot for people everyday. You are loved. I don’t know you, but I feel your pain.