Work related

I have a amazing job but I need to move to a different part of the company to make more money. I am the youngest so everyone wants to give me advice. Some tell me it’s a good move, some tell me it’s a bad move. One guy I work with who is a friend I guess lol keeps giving me grief for leaving. I have herd him from the other room talking about me to other co workers. He keeps rubbing it in my face that it’s a bad decision and that I’m a idoit . In the past I have had problems with this person. He is very selfish and takes alot of things really personal. If you do something as little as take the last bottle of pop in the vending machine this guy gets upset and won’t talk to you. I’m not gonna lie all the criticism is getting to me. I’m making this move to make more money for my family because we are broke. It’s hard for me to just brush of criticism. Me myself takes what people say to heart. I care way to much about what people think and will go out of my way to make somone feel better over myself even if it hurts me or inconveniences me. Please does anyone have advice to motivate me to not feel bad or be hurt from what people say.?

Being sensitive to those things is a sign you care a lot. You definitely can’t please everyone because their priorities and values are not yours.
I’m kinda curious why the guy is taking such an interest in your decision. Is it because he cares? Is he jealous? Why do you seek his approval? Is it a general desire to be accepted or is it because you have fears also and are afraid he is right? You have to do what is best for your family. Sometimes pleasing one person means making someone else mad. It may be a good idea to speak to him and clear the air. If not, you may need to avoid him. If he’s a snake, you never know when he may strike. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Thanks. Yes he talks shit on all his friends. He is very selfish. The only reason I hang around him is because out of work we do CrossFit twice a week and he trains me. He is a different person then. When one of his friends calls off or does something he takes that situation and blows it up at work and talks to everyone about it. As for me yes I’m too nice. It has bit me in the ass alot in life. I haven’t found motivation to get over being to nice to people and letting people walk over me. I care to much about everyone’s opinion.

Support for Mooseman

Hey Mooseman! We responded to your topic on my stream this morning and I wanted to drop off a link so you could see all of the encouragement!

1 Like