Worried about Being Alone

I’ve never been insecure about being single. It’s not something that’s ever bothered me. But now, I feel anxious and jealous when I think about relationships. All of my friends, siblings, and family members are in relationships now, and I’m not. This rising feeling, mixed with some harsh words from guys that I’ve tried to impress, have me starting to be insecure about myself. I just feel like everyone will find someone and I won’t because I’m not good enough. I don’t know how to work through this type of anxiety and insecurity.

3 Likes

Hey there,

As someone who been single for a while and has had moments in their life when they were single for long periods of time, I understand how you feel. I as well am someone who wasn’t ever bothered by seeing other people in a relationship but now that I am getting older so is the thought of being single.

What I have done here as of recently is just put myself out there more. I havent used any but try someone online sites like MeetMe or POF and see if you can make connections with people who live nearby you. Who knows, maybe that someone is just waiting for you to make an account.

Hope this helps,
Yummerz

2 Likes

Hi friend, I’m right there with you. I’m the only one in my circle of friends and family who is single, literally the only one. I’ve never been insecure about this either, but it’s starting to feel isolating because of it because it feels like everyone is starting their own family and will slowly start to forget about me as time goes on. It sucks, and I understand that feeling completely. You’re not alone.

I’m sorry that other people have made you feel insecure about yourself because of these things, that is so cruel and unfair of them to judge you in such a way. You shouldn’t need to “impress” anyone else for them to love you or to make yourself feel like you’re worthy of love. The person you are makes you worthy of love just the way you are. Whether you believe that or not right now, that is the honest truth.

Maybe talking to a counselor would be a way to work through these types of anxieties and insecurities? If nothing else, keep posting here or come hang out in the Discord. We’ll love you either way, friend.

Hold fast.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been there. I just feel like I’m not standing-out enough for the guys to even consider me. I still have days when I think of all my friends that are paired off. I know even though they have a special someone, they still love me as a friend. So friendships are what I’ve focused on.

2 Likes

@nh123
Hold Fast friend, please email me if you’d like this art. [email protected]

3 Likes

@nh123

Hello. Nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing. It means a lot. Singleness is a blessing and a curse at the same time. I have been single all of my life, and I never had a relationship. I shouldn’t hate myself for it. Don’t hate yourself too, my friend. Take your time to love yourself, grow, and when you meet the right person, you’ll know. I hope you are hanging on. Take care.

1 Like

Hi there! I can relate to being alone. I’m 27, living with my mom, and SINGLE. That feeling of loneliness and feeling insecure due to not being in a relationship can be a real downer, but let me tell you: It’s OK to be alone. Im not saying that you should be alone for eternity, but be OK with it for the time being. You are WORTH IT and I bet someday someone AWESOME will come into your life at the RIGHT TIME!

1 Like