Worried about my future

Can you please explain how they would prevent me from being abused again when the abuser is the one, and only one, that’s responsible for the abuse?

That’s not really what I said. Not putting yourself in a situation means not to go see him alone and not to sit on the phone and listen to his abuse.

You’re right, anything can happen to us at any time. Some things we don’t have control over, but some things we do. Why do you have to communicate with him? You seem like you’re out on your own with two jobs, so you’re providing for yourself. I know you said you have no way out, so I’m just curious.

We just want to help support you :hrtlegolove:

Hi, my friend! Don’t be afraid. We’re here for you. You have to be strong. We will face many surprises in life. Although we can’t change the world, we can change ourselves. First of all, you should not give up on yourself. We’re still alive. I’m sorry your mom left, but your mom was just there for you differently. Although the dead person is gone, she will still be in our hearts. We still have to live our lives. Be yourself, be strong, and don’t give up on the future. We can’t live at the bottom all the time, go forward, your mother will be watching you from afar, and your future is bright. Light will always triumph over darkness! I have a feeling that you and your father may have had a misunderstanding. Just sit down and have a good talk with your dad. Say everything you want to say. I’m sure he’ll change something. :heart:

I have to communicate with him because most of my stuff is at his place. I have 2 jobs but I don’t make enough to afford rent in my state so I live out of my car. Anytime I have to get my stuff, I have to contact him. I asked him to give me a copy of the key but he hasn’t yet. I understand now you were just trying to support and understand me, I didn’t mean any hate.

1 Like

You’re fine :hrtlegolove:

It all makes sense now, thank you for explaining. I’m not sure if you’ve tried already or if you know about calling 211? The United Way has a long list of resources for people in need of different services. Financial, housing, counseling etc. There are homeless assistance programs run by the state you could look into as well. There are resources out there to help.

What about a storage unit? I have no idea how much they cost, but you could look into it maybe.

I’m really sorry that you are in this situation and I hope that you can find some help. :hrtlegolove:

I had a storage unit. It was almost $200 a month.
The organizations that help I feel like wouldn’t help me because I need long term housing and support. I feel so bad every day with the memories of the abuse coming up and feeling like im going through it again. Thank you for the advice though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.