Back to heartsupport

YoungLordByron's Safety Plan

HeartSupport Safety Plan

This is my 7-step plan to keep me safe in difficult moments I face. I’ve thought through these steps in advance to make it easier for myself to get help when I need it.

STEP 1 - Warning Signs

Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).

• Sign 1 - Increasing frequency of panic/anxiety attacks
  • Sign 2 - Fixation on sharp objects/potential ligatures for more than two-days in a row
  • Sign 3 - Short temper/lack of empathy/lethargy/inability to process complex thoughts for more than a week

STEP 2 - Internal Coping Strategies

Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)

• Strategy 1 - Glass of whiskey and hobbies - Warhammer, xbox, music,watch anime
  • Strategy 2 - Duvet burrito and grounding techniques
  • Strategy 3 - Pray! STop forgetting to pray in a crisis!

STEP 3 - Worth Living For

Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)

• Live For 1 - God likes me being alive
  • Live For 2 - I’ve got a whole lotta future with my wife
  • Live For 3 - You’ll never headline David’s Tent or worship with Jeremy Riddle if you die
  • Live For 4 - You gotta be here when Kendrick FINALLY drops his next album
  • Live For 5 - Let’s face it, God’s gonna screw up any suicide attempt anyway, so you might as well CHOOSE to live

STEP 4 - Supporters

People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)

• Supporter 1 - My wife: Dude, she literally lives with you. Ask for help.
  • Supporter 2 - Pastor A: He’ll literally move mountains for you if you ask; remember you benefit from blatant favouritism and reach out
  • Supporter 3 - Yo mama.

STEP 5 - Professional Help

Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis

• Name & Number of Clinician - Not disclosing online
  • Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services - not disclosing online
  • Preferred Crisis Service (Choose one of the below)
    • (Text) Crisis Textline - text HOME to 741741
    • (Call) Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    • (Text) Trevor Project LGBTQ+ - text START to 678678
    • Other (explain): local crisis team line (not disclosing online)

STEP 6 - Safe Environment

Things I can do to make the environment safe

• Safety 1 - Ask wife to put hobby scalpels and razor’s somewhere out of sight
  • Safety 2 - Don’t buy any weed - no unhealthy coping mechanisms, we live like men!

STEP 7 - My Signature

By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.

@YoungLordByron

3 Likes

Hey @YoungLordByron,

Well done! It’s so good to see that you took some time to reflect on these different steps. That’s another level of accountability right there and I hope you’re proud of yourself for doing so - because we’re definitely proud of you here.

Thank you for your vulnerability, honesty, bravery, but also love you’ve been sharing around here.

You are loved. Your presence in this world only make it better. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like