Break the Cycle

So the past two days have been really rough with family issues, but today is the 31st day of no self injury for me. It’s been really rough these past two days but It is ok now.

I feel like the things that happened would have sent me spiraling much worse a few months back than it did this time around.

A lot of things in life are like a cycle- like getting out of bed, eating breakfast, go to school/work, and on and on and a lot of us follow that cycle for our whole lives and some of us are fine with that, but some of us aren’t, and it’s like we are just caught in this purposeless cycle. I guess I have to break that cycle, which isn’t easy but I feel like it’s slowly happening.

I’ve remembered that these occurrences don’t have to take over my whole week or month, I know there’s hope and things can get better- and sometimes that is really hard to see when you are plagued with darkness but that is ok. It’s OK to not be OK.

Love you guys. Thanks for being there.

2 Likes

Dear Lyss,
I want to commend you for being so strong this past month. You are a beacon for others. I agree with you that many do fall in this depressing cycle of survivalistic consumerism. We wake up and do the same thing over and over again. We learn so we can make money, we work so we can make money, we spend all our money on cheap thrills and numbing agents. We do have to break the cycle. Transcendence is key. I want to ask you a question, but before I leave you with that I just want you to know that I love you. Although I don’t know you personally, you are also a fellow human being who is trying to make meaning of life. Thank you for coming on and posting.

My question: What way of life should we be seeking after that will give us what we all desire?

2 Likes

Lyss, I’m so proud of you for being clean from self harm for so long. SO proud of you. I am glad that you can see the progress you’ve made! Yes, there will still be dark days, even weeks, or months. But I love that you can see that things are getting better, even if you’re not totally “there” yet.

2 Likes

Lys. I’m so proud of you. Seeing how much you’ve progressed since we started talking has been amazing. I’m so glad things are going okay for you. Keep fighting like this!
Love you.

Hold fast.
Kayla

2 Likes

I think the answer to that question is different for everyone- I think it’s wherever our passions lie.

1 Like

Hey @Lyss,

First off, congratulations for making it 31 days of being self-harm free!! That’s so exciting and something to be really proud of! ~throws more confetti~

Yes, and I believe that once you break the cycle, you’ll be able to take a huge breath of air and a sigh of relief. Keep hacking away at breaking the cycle. We believe in you. You got this!

-Eric

2 Likes