Dealing with death

This sounds really grim but my grandfather is knocking on deaths door at the moment and I don’t know how to cope. And it doesn’t help that he’s known across Chicago because he played hockey for the Blackhawks. When he dies I’m not going to be able to escape him. I have no idea what to do.

I dealt with with this early this year. He had a respatory problem and had to go hospital. You said that he is playing for a team in Chicago so he might have time before it actually happens. Make use of the you have with him. My grandma died from stroke when I was in the 8th grade. Time heals everything.
Hold fast my friend it will get better

2 Likes

Thank you for posting @archie21.

I’m sure that what you’re going through is extremely hard. I would suggest finding someone that you trust and feel comfortable with to talk out what you’re feeling. If you don’t have anyone that you really trust, I would suggest maybe going to a therapist. Please know that everything is going to be alright. We’re all here for you during this difficult time.

Much love.

1 Like

@Archie21 i am so sorry your going through this . but death is life we will all get there when its our time. i know he was known across chicago, but he WILL STILL BE known just like christina grimmie was known for her music, like how xxxtentacion was also known for his music. just know when your grandfather passes you know it was his time , know tht hes not suffering anymore. we love you and thanks for posting. you ARE human and i know its hard to get over death or grief like i did. here is a message from katherine from the band cimorelli : https://open.spotify.com/track/5bohCnlUjuulEJuzAY4yfj?si=_WUWggj9SrC3ptmanrEwKQ this is her message (to be human). i hope this helps some how. remember to hold fast and YOU ARE WORTH IT!
-Ashley

1 Like

Hey @Archie21 - I would recommend to just spend as much time as you can with him. Cherish the memories you have of him. Know that he’s going to a better place and that it’s not a “good bye” but instead a “see you later.” Thoughts and prayers are being sent out to you and your family.

2 Likes