Dealing with grief

I feel so lost confused hurt and in denial. Got a call last night that one of my best buddies passed away from a drug overdose. I’m just so lost right now and don’t know how the hell to handle this.

1 Like

One of the hardest things I had to learn from hearing that my best friend had taken her own life was that there is nothing you can do to get them back. That reality is incredibly painful and it really sucks. What you’re going through is valid and you’re not alone.
Three of the questions that kept me going through the loss was “When is it ok to mourn?” “When am I allowed to feel sad?” and “How can I make a change?”.
I let myself have 3 days to mourn.(it took WAY more than that)
You’re always allowed to feel sad but how would your best buddy respond to you being sad?
You make your own changes and that will cause a ripple, which will turn into a wave.

Your feelings are your own, and completely valid but there are people who have been in a similar situation and it freaking sucks but the good thing about that is that you are not alone in your struggle and there are people to help you. Hold fast my friend, we’re thinking about you and always here for you!

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your friend, Adam. That’s so awful. It’s never easy when losing loved ones. No matter how they go. But it also just so truly sad when drugs needlessly take lives.

I’m very sorry my friend. I hope you are able to find peace and healing. I know that’s not an easy process.

We are here for you.

1 Like

Adam, I am truly sorry and heartbroken to hear about your friend. You and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers right now. Sometimes we just wish we had answers but unfortunately even that won’t bring the people we love back.

I just want you to know that we are here for you and we care about you. Thank you for sharing. I’m so sorry. Please know we love you and support you. Stay strong my friend.

1 Like