Feeling a tad freaked out

How do you handle anxiety and panic attacks? I believe I’m currently having one and I am a little freaked out and I didnt know know where else to go. I woke up feeling really anxious this morning and had this bad feeling, which increasingly got worse throughout the day and then just sort of peaked earlier and I’ve been trying to calm myself down for over an hour and a half. I’ve been under a lot of stress lately just with life in general and work has sucked and things have changed. Just sort of need some encouragment or advice.

Are you feeling any better? What I do is turn on some music that I know will soothe me. Sometimes it helps to paint or draw. Look up some breathing exercises online. One of my personal favorites is guided meditation. Look it up on Youtube! Hope you feel better

1 Like

I am feeling better than I did when I posted. I’m still feeling it a bit. Panic attacks arent usual for me. Very rare. Last time I felt like I was having one, it was a year ago. Today was way worse than the first time I felt it. Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will definitely try this. I finally talked to my best friend about it and that helped me feel better about things. I truly appreciate you. Its not something Im super familiar with but today messed with me pretty much. For like 20 minutes, I sat in my bathroom crying cause I was freaking out and had no control over anything. I came here cause I felt it was a place I could be comfortable talking about it.

1 Like

I deal with anxiety almost on a daily basis. I deal with panic/anxiety attacks frequently. I have medication from my psychiatrist for when it’s really bad. I typically only use this when I’m having really bad attacks or I’m away from home and a place I can find comfort in. Other times I try some of the following:

• Listening to calming music. My guy has been working on a pandora station called “Soft” for a long time. He’s tailored it to be very brain gentle. Calming. Relaxing. That channel if you are interested can be found here: https://www.pandora.com/station/play/2439470033254741859

• Art. I do a lot of abstract art. I get lost in it and just let it flow out of me. If you are interested in arts, drawing and want something new to try out that can be very relaxing, look up Zentangles. There are a lot of starter books that you can get on amazon and maybe even from your local library that teaches you how to do this. There might even be some youtube videos. I started off doing what is shared in these books and then branched out into my own style. I have found it to be very zen when I’m experiencing a lot of anxiety. There are also a lot of creative streamers on Twitch that are very relaxing to watch. If you’re ever interested in some, I’m willing to share! I know artists of all mediums

• Watching some of my favorite movies on Netflix or browsing youtube for something happy and funny.

• Reading! When I can actually focus, reading is always a great place to turn to.

• A hot bath or shower. A bubble bath or some bath bombs are always really nice with some dim lights and calm music.

• Taking a walk. Have a camera on your phone? I find capturing pictures of what is around me is a nice way to distract

• Back to arting, have you ever tried joining a rock painting group? Apparently its a huge thing. Painting rocks and then hiding them! It’s pretty cool. All kinds of people on Facebook and instagram who do this!

• Playing games, talking to trusted friends. Which I know isn’t always easy to do if it’s late at night.

I know it’s not much, but they are some things I turn to. Sometimes I have a hard time being able to connect to anything, so doing any of that is hard. Places like this have served as helpful.

I hope you get feeling better. You have a friend here. <3

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m glad you were able to calm yourself down. Lets hope that this doesn’t become normal for you. You can try any of these if you are stressed or need help calming down or if you are having panic attacks too. I hope that you keep doing well! I’m glad you reached out here. You are loved. Today sounded like it was awful. I hope tomorrow will be better for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much. These are helpful tips I will definitely try out. I appreciate you <3

1 Like

Thank you so much. It was awful but I got through it. I’m glad I was able to come here and find some support. I’m feeling better this morning. I just gotta keep myself from getting too worked up

I’ll second the listening to calm music suggestion!! That being said this is all very good advice

1 Like