Friendly Reminder: "You Is Smart, You Is Kind, You Is Important"

Hey fam!

First off, I want to apologize for not being very active on the forums lately. Since the turn of the new year, I went back to school full-time (EMS Academy!) and picked up another two jobs on top of the one I already have. BUT I’m hoping to have more time to get re-involved with HeartSupport once the semester is over. In the meantime…

I watched the movie “The Help” (which I HIGHLY recommend) and I wanted to forward one of my favorite scenes to you:

You will learn to believe whatever you tell yourself - whether it be truths or lies. This scene illustrates what I want to do with my own kids whenever I have them; to get them into the habit of speaking words of life and words of affirmation over themselves, so when life smacks them down, they can have a little easier of a time getting back up.

I challenge you, before you to go bed and right when you wake up, to tell yourself, just once, “I am smart. I am kind. I am important.” Over time, you will learn to believe it.

You’re loved. You’re strong. Remember that.

-Eric

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Eric! I need to remind myself of that. I wish you the best of luck with EMS Academy. It can be fun and hectic at times but is worth it. (Don’t forget BSI: Scene Safe :wink: )

First of all, wow! You sound so busy!!! I hope that school is going well!!

Secondly thank you so much for sharing this. I love this movie and this scene. It’s so encouraging. Lots of people need to hear this message.

Hold fast,
Hannah Presley

@mufcninja haha yes! BSI! You must’ve taken EMS classes too??

1 Like

I did EMT-B as a stepping stone towards my goals and to see if I wanted to do emergency medicine. I loved that it was fast paced and that I can just hyper focus and go. You get to see a lot of good and bad but it is rewarding knowing that you make a difference in someone’s life.

1 Like