Getting out of bed feels impossible

Hey everyone,

For a few months now I’ve been at the point where I’ll go to sleep at 11, wake up at 6 AM, then go back to bed at 7 AM for another 2-4 hours, even if I’m not tired. Staying out of bed seems impossible. Sleep just feels much better, especially if it means avoiding things I’m afraid of. Anyone else been through this and know how to stop the cycle?

I’ve been through this before; if you’re on any meds it could be that, or it could just be depression. I find that on the mornings when I can’t get out of bed, it helps to do it one limb at a time; put your leg out, wait 20 seconds, put your other leg out, wait 20 seconds, sit up, wait 20 seconds, put your feet on the ground, wait 20 seconds, then stand up. As for staying out of bed, it usually helps me to do an activity. Showering or cooking breakfast are good morning things! I believe in you, you’re gonna get through this and I hope I’ve been of some help.

I have. Depends on what you have. If sleep apnea a machine. If it is you don’t do anything all day. Maybe going to exercise will exert the extra energy you accumilated. Maybe creating a viable schedule where you go to sleep and wake up. Also if you eat late at night or take huge amounts of caffiene or sugar. All these could attribute to keeping you up.

Yet if it is symptoms of a mental health issue then maybe medication might be the fixer. So maybe you should contact a doctor and tell him your problem.

i am actually am going through this as we speak . What i have tried is makeing my self a sleep sechdule . Make sure im in bed by a certain time and up everyday at a certain time even if im off the next day . It has help to train my brain and it make me feel better that ive set a goal and i need to achive it .