Horrible days.. Im sick of this life

Hey guys, I’ve been going through an emotional Rollercoaster lately… I feel so out of place. I feel as if I’m getting older and more closed off from the world… Like im the only person regressing in life… I don’t go out and socialize with friends… I get overly nervous when going for job interviews. I have recently decided to start driving lessons… Today was my first lesson and it didn’t go well at all… I really was trying to listen and do what’s being told… But i found it really difficult to concentrate and execute. I am becoming increasingly depressed and have hit an all time low. I feel as if I dont have any confidence in myself. I don’t know how to get out of this phase in my life… Everyday is becoming worse. My dad had so many hopes for me. He has spent alot of money on my education and I can’t even find a job… He now is paying for my driving lessons and it seems as if I am wasting his money cause I can’t do anything right. I don’t know if its in my head or not but I feel that he’s so disappointed in me… It just all round sucks.

@Need_help2705 man thank you for sharing. I can relate to this so much on a personal level. Feeling like failure and feeling nervous for every hopeful opportunity. First you are not a failure. Yes, we do fail but we always work forward. If you were a failure you would not be working on getting a DL or go to a job interview. Yeah, these are just small victories but treat them like they are really big Victories. I just had an interview and did not get a job but you know what I got an interview and made sure to ask questions about my demo reel I showed and pointers. I walked away with something positive over the negative.

You know talk to you dad. Tell him how you feel. Explain whats going through your mind. Share with him that you hate failing him and that you hope he is proud of you for at least trying. Share that you feel like a failure because you have not achieved these major goals yet.

Seriously I did that recently with my dad and I am 30. You just might be surprised what you hear. If all else fails at least I am proud of you. Heck, we here at HS are proud of you for trying.

Hold Fast.

Morgan

1 Like

Hi friend,
thanks so much for posting. I’m really sorry you’re going through this. I hope you know we hear you and are here to support you whenever you need us, thanks again for opening up to us and trusting this community: )
I get you when you say you feel out of place and like you’re becoming more closed off from the world. I tend to isolate myself and feel this as well. Sometimes it’s the only thing we feel like doing. I just want you to know that you’ll be okay.
I am very proud of you for facing your fears and start driving lessons! It’s things like driving lessons and job interviews that can be really intimidating. Don’t be so hard on yourself, friend. It’s okay to not do very well on your first driving lesson. You can’t expect to get in a vehicle you’ve never been in and expect yourself to drive like a pro. it takes time! just like interviews. Interviews are super nerve wracking. I’m proud of you for trying. You’re doing your best, and it shows. You’re going out there and doing things that take a lot of hard work and bravery! This phase in your life will pass. I promise. You really do just have to take one step at a time. I know that’s easier said than done, but if anyone can do this, it’s you.
Your dad is so proud of you. He will never be disappointed in you. I bet he sees how hard you’re working and loves you with all his heart! Have you tried talking to him about how you feel? It takes time to find a job and it takes time to learn how to drive. I love you so much friend. You aren’t a disappointment. You are the complete opposite of that. You are a gift to this world and I’m so proud of you.
Stay Strong

1 Like