I don’t know what it is

I don’t know what it is. I’m not supposed to feel depressed. I have everything I need and more. A family that provides for me, a house to live in, food to eat, and a family that is there for me (not really emotionally but if I need anything they come to help). It kills me that I feel this way because I don’t have anything in my life right now to grieve over. That leads me to shaming myself. “You whimp. Why are you beating yourself up? Get over it. No ones going to want you like this.” And that turns into me just feeling worthless overall. I struggle to get out of bed in the morning because I know I’ll have to face my day. I have thoughts about just giving up on life because I see it going nowhere. I just don’t know what’s going on and it scares me a little but I’ve become numb to it because it’s happened for so long. I don’t know what to do.

Sometimes, people who have everything going right can still have problems. Humans are kinda squishy, really, with complicated thought processes that can lead to problems other animals may not have. When’s the last time you heard about a depressed lizard? (That’s meant as a bit of humor. Laughter is the best medicine). Back to what I was saying, it’s not abnormal for a person with everything they could possibly need to have problems. Try to get help, and stay strong. :slight_smile:

I know how you feel. I’ve struggled with something real similar this past year. lemme just say that you ARE worthy. Its okay to not be okay. It’s okay to feel depressed. Sometimes things get thrown at us that we can’t control. But we can control how we respond to it.
Don’t give up friend, trust me your life is going somewhere! You may not see or even feel it now, but trust me it is. God’s still working, even if you don’t feel it. Everything that you’re struggling with, i encourage you to pray about it. If that’s something you wanna do. There is purpose for your life. You’re here on this earth for a reason. A great reason. Remember, it’s okay to not be okay. Don’t ever be afraid to reach out to someone you trust, whether that be your family, a trusted friend, teacher, pastor, counselor etc.
Remember, it’s in our weakness that we are being made strong.
Hold fast and praying for you.

Depression is not a feeling. It is a condition. Anything can influence like your feelings, weather, people or situations and yet none of these can cause it. It is a phase or status, but can’t be controlled. (Therefore don’t beat yourself up over it)