I don't feel like I deserve to be alive

The more and more I think about myself and my life I feel like I don’t deserve to be alive, so many other people who have passed on to soon deserve my place more than me.
I constantly complain about things in my life but I never actually try to do anything about it I always give because I’m too lazy and don’t want to struggle with things.

4 Likes

Hi lonelyfreak,

There are not a set amount of places in this world and you belong just as much as everyone else. Often, we can be very critical of ourselves and it can be difficult to see the good you are doing in this world because that is the standard you are accustomed to. Know that you have value and are making this world a better place, even if it may not seem that way.

Simply by making this post, you are already doing something about the struggles in your life. Sometimes, someone who can listen is just what is needed. Feel free to express yourself on this forum as much as you feel comfortable.

I do not believe that you are lazy. It is natural to be weary of all the difficult parts of life, and at times, we may just need to rest until we regain our energy. Please remember to be kind to yourself, especially when the world is not.

Here for you,
Gremlin

2 Likes

Hey @lonelyfreak

@supportgremlin is right! Even something as small as making a post like this shows that you ARE doing something!

I don’t think you’re lazy at all. You’re a warrior, a fighter. Your feelings and your wants DO matter.

Have you thought about writing stuff down? It doesn’t hurt to make a note for yourself, and just write on the top where youre at now, and on the bottom write where you’d like to be. Then over time you can fill in steps that will get you to that goal. Not only will it help you, but itll show as a reminder of progress. A way to visually see and say “Hey, I was at this point and now i’ve gotten to this other point”.

Remember, when it comes to mental wellness, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Keep a good pace, but don’t burn yourself out either. We’ll always be here supporting you throughout <3

2 Likes

Hi there,

I want to start off by saying how brave you are for sharing your feelings with us. It is not easy to speak up and express that you are not feeling great, but this is always the first step. You are so extremely deserving of love and happiness, and you bring a uniqueness to this world that no one can replicate. You are worth a full and joyful life. I am sorry to hear that you feel otherwise, but I want to remind you that there is only one of you, and that’s pretty cool. It is completely normal to feel lazy or unbothered sometimes, but this does not define who you are as a person. By taking the time to reach out to us, you are already making a huge step in the right direction. I want you to know I hear you and would love to support you in any way I can. I hope you come across a new TV show, hobby, person, or even a joke that makes you laugh. I want to encourage you to give yourself some self-care days and focus on the little things that make your heart feel warm and whole. You deserve it all. You are worthy of all the good things life has to offer. We are here for you always <3

1 Like

I don’t know I constantly feel like I’m not worthy of much, though I do desperately crave things which always seem to slip through my fingers when I try to get them. Which constantly makes me feel like I’m not meant to have any of these things for some reason.

No I would wide up forgetting all about that, not really good at doing things like that.

“when i try to get them”

THAT is the key part right there. You’re trying to get them. It’s much better to try and get something and not succeed than to not even try and wonder what could have been.

Sometimes if you want something bad enough you just go through and try and get it. If you fall down doing it, that’s perfectly okay. It’s what makes us human. Getting back up is what gives you strength.

I don’t know I feel the same when I fail as I do when I never make an attempt.

I really don’t want to exist anymore I’m constantly reminded every day that people don’t want someone like me to exist anymore so why should I keep living?

I can’t seem to be able to forget or let go of past things that make me angry, it’s so annoying remembering a past memory and then getting so angry that I want to hit someone or hurt someone. How do I get over these things or just completely forget about them?

1 Like