I feel hopeless and powerless and like nothing will ever get better

So I don’t even know where to start I feel so lost and without hope. My family wont accept me which i know its silly to think that it matters but it kinda does. Im Trans Ftm and everything has been so hard. No one seems to want to try to help ive self harmed many times they say nothing. I just wish i had some friends. I have to be homeschooled due to last year i was bullied so bad and almost stabbed twice (ive been stabbed before) i lost hope and gave up im repeating almost all my 9th grade classes. People think its funny that when i grow up a bit more i want to be a vocalist. I don’t know everything seems to be falling apart. My ex just left me and its all my fault. I really want to be myself hut im just hopeless i sleep all day to escape and everyone just keeps calling me lazy…i was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and mdd. I just hope someday ill be able to be fine again.

Hey man just stay strong and dont give up on your dreams. If your feeling that hopeless try and see a therapist and talk about your problems, if not we are always here for you

Thanks and i already go to therapy she doesn’t help much…

It is hard when family isn’t accepting, and it sounds like school wasn’t much help either. I think planning to be a vocalist in a few years is a great goal, not to be laughed at, and I am sorry to hear that people around you don’t respect that ambition.

Fortunately working toward that passion is something you can start to do for yourself without anyone’s even needing to know. You can practice learning how to breathe from your diaphragm so you can sustain notes, you can work on reading musical scores and learning to write musical notation, you can train your ear to identify the different parts of music when you are listening to bands you like, or really, any music at all. Any of those things will give you a head start for when you are in a place to work on developing your voice, if you aren’t yet free to practice actual singing, especially training your ear to identify parts and instruments.

I have anxiety myself, so I sympathize. I can say that anxiety does often respond to treatment, and I suspect a more supportive environment would be helpful for you as well. It’s perfectly reasonable to be anxious when your identity and personal plans are not accepted by the people around you.

You deserve to be able to be yourself and do what you want to do, and while three or four years may seem like a horribly long time you are strong and can make it until you have more control over your life. You are loved here and supported and you can always post here about what is going on or how you are feeling. Hold fast.

If the therapist your seeing dose not help then you have the right to see another one, finding a therapist that helps and works is hard when I started going to therapy i went through 20 difrent therapists in a year to find the right one.