I Feel My Friendship Is Becoming Toxic

I will call my friend Hamid, I’ve known Hamid for more an a year I met him through another mutual friend whom I have an excellent relationship with. But recently I’ve noticed that Hamid has becoming very toxic and very mean towards me for trivial matters. For example he thinks I am against free speech or free enterprise just because I don’t embrace or support capitalism which is stupid but that’s not a reason to get disrespectful I respect him and tolerate him but he doesn’t seem to be very tolerant of others.

My other friend who I’ll call Zheng told me he is very worried about my relationship with Hamid becoming toxic and me and Zheng spoke for a few hours and I told him I would be open to meeting with Hamid and Zheng being a mediator so we can sort out our differences because Zheng doesn’t want to see me and Hamid having a falling out because Zheng lost a close friend to him a year prior.

What should I do?

1 Like

@ranma1983

I’m sorry you are going through this. It’s a hard situation. I never been to one like that. I encourage you to pray to God to help you to go through this. I hope it goes well.

Hey Ranma1983

Yeah having toxic friend is not a very healthy thing, I have a couple toxics friends that ruin my mental health. It can break you down and make feel worthless. However, I do understand that sometime the best friendship have it problems, and sometime if you have work your differents. You maybe take a break, such give a couple weeks or months.

In additions, you can only do the best you can for people, but if you are helping out and doing the best you can, that person is still is a problems, then you should mostly advoid that person. It not worth yoy sanity to alwasy help. Try to the best you can and hope things will work with you and your friend.