I get mad at myself/ Losing my passion

Im been skateboarding for 15 years and its my main passion. Lately after hurting my ankles, it more be stressful to do it and I it not been as fun. Also, I have been getting mad not landing all my tricks and I feel throw my board around. I feel I just suck at it and it waste of time. I sometime think about quitting. I feel like just suck it and I missed the days when I use just have fun and not care. I also have my other friends telling how to my tricks and it get really old fast. I feel I dont belong in the skate scene

Hey, I am so sorry to hear about your injury, I know how hard it can be to have an injury that puts a damper on what you love doing. I played soccer for 13 years, I was supposed to get a scholarship for it, but then I injured me knee and that sort of ended my career. I was devastated about it for a long time, but I found a new community and a new passion. I am not saying that you need to give up your passion, if you love it, and its not damaging to your body then you should keep at it. But try and get back to having fun with it. Instead of trying to improve on your tricks maybe do ones that you know well, get back to feeling like you love it, you know?

Hold Fast
Hannah Presley

1 Like