I just can’t seem to be motivated anymore

Hey everyone. It’s been a loooong time since I posted here. It did get better since the last post… sort of…

For the past few months or so, I’ve been feeling extremely disconnected. Like, weirdly disconnected. I don’t like being around people anymore, I’ve lost interest in many things I love passionately. I used to be crazy over music, since I played Tuba in two bands, trombone in another, and guitar on my own. I just don’t have interest in playing anymore. I’m also getting more and more anxious.

Idk. I’ve been talking with my parents and I’m going to go to a GP doctor and see what’s up. Maybe I can get a referral to a professional. My parents are saying I could have depression and anxiety, so maybe I can see what’s up. More updates soon.

Hey there,

I’m really sorry to hear that. It sucks to lose passion when you once enjoyed things greatly. I hope you can get the help you need and gain your passion back for things.

Hello their MasterofPuppets,

First off, thank you for reaching out. Honestly, the hardest part is being self aware enough to know you need to reach out. Youre absolutely doing the right thing here in seeking professional help and it is absolutely amazing that your parents have your back.

Here is what we said

1 Like

Thank you all for the support and input. Just a little update:
1: the GP appointment will be in about two weeks, since he is backlogged with appointments (oh Canada. :slightly_frowning_face:)
2: I’ve been trying to get out more, but our weather has just been pretty bad. We’ve had 20cm of snow over the weekend, with not much sun peaking out. Kinda sad, but I’m trying.
3: like many of you said, I should get to a therapist. I’m hoping my GP will refer me to one but only time will tell. Thanks a lot for reaffirming that I needed to go.
4: more and more people have been noticing my lethargicness (is that even a word?), and I’ve been getting a lot of unwanted attention. I dunno what to do, but I’m trying to lay low for the meantime, and attempting to find a quiet space.

Thanks again for doing that Goop, and everyone, it means a lot to me to know I’m not alone. It honestly does.