I suffer from a Traumatic brain injury

Hello everyone I am 37 years old and I suffer from a Traumatic brain injury. When I was 24 years old I got into a catastrophic car accident which led me in a coma for almost 4 months on the way to the hospital I died six times I suffered a collapsed long punctured spleen punctured bladder bleeding in the brain broken ribs broken pelvis Broken hips broken leg and also a broken clavicle i also jacked up my back I’m in pain every day which totally sucks I also have very bad nerve damage which affects my sciatica nerve. So I’m going to start off with this when I was nine years old my dad was in a horrible car accident and he also suffers from a Traumatic brain injury I’m gonna to try to keep this short and sweet and not get too much into detail. Please Can someone please help me out? Does anyone know anyone in my position where their father suffered a Traumatic brain injury when they were a child then later on in life they suffer for a Traumatic brain injury? I really need some help on this because I feel alone. I have therapy I see a psychologist twice a week and psychiatrist once a week. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out. I hope someone out there can help me. Thank you everyone

Hey there,

I cannot imagine what that must have been like. You have gone through so much and survived so much. Although I haven’t personally experienced something like that, I hope you know that you are never alone. Even though our experiences in life may differ, myself and others in this community still hope to support you as best we can!

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you for reaching out and posting to the Heart Support Wall. You are not alone in what you have experienced. While I have not gone through what you have, I can say that you have the support of people from Heart Support.

I do want to say I’m glad you’re still here. You are still here, and you are alive. Yes, you have a traumatic brain injury, but you are still here. And for that, I am glad.

Take care of yourself.

1 Like

Hi Drummerne1

I am so sorry to say that I don’t think I would be much help on how to deal with traumatic brain injuries. But, I just want you to know that we are here for you. I know it’s such a small thing, but I hope you know that we will be here for you whenever you need someone to talk to.

Cassie

1 Like

While it may not be a traumatic brain injury my father does have some minor brain damage, my mom have some very very minor damage as well and I myself have some level of damage. My fathers was caused by having a large plank of wood dropped on his head while on a job site, my mother dove into a shallow body of water and hit her head and I was briefly deprived of oxygen just before I was born because the cord was wrapped around my neck. My mothers injury resulted in her having a really hard time with memory, my father seems to be a few years behind mentally and I am on the Autism Spectrum and am about 2-3 years behind mentally (intellectually I’m at my age though)
It can be frustrating at times when I have conversations with my mom and the next day she doesn’t remember, I have to remind her of a lot of things and I often have to repeat myself, and with my dad we get into lots of arguments because it’s hard for him to understand certain things, especially when he has a different view point.
You’re not alone! I know my experiance is no where near as severe as yours but my advice would be to take things one day at a time and work together with your dad to find ways for both of you to cope with your injuries and the way your brains function now because of your injuries.
I hop this help!

You’re stronger than you know!
-Lacey

1 Like