I wanna give up sometimes!

I have a problem we’re I let people get to me. I hate it when someone is mad at me or doesn’t wanna be my friend. I wanna be accepted by everyone. My friend from work is mad at me over a misunderstanding over food at lunch. He hasn’t talked to me in 2 weeks. He is telling everyone I’m an asshole and he hates me because the waitress was asking if I could switch meals with him because he was allergic to his. I was at another table and didn’t understand the waitress so I said no. He won’t forgive me. I feel like shit. It is really awkward at work. Dude has a big ego and is intimidating so everyone is scared of him. I hate this drama. I also hate when people are mad at me. I don’t know what to do in this situation. My anxiety is through the roof.

1 Like

Hello. I also let people get to me… I understand the want to have everyone like you. I have similar situation my brother lives in the same house as me but has stopped talking to me. It has been months…
Here are my thoughts on it. If someone is going to be rude to you and treat you bad, do you really need that negative energy in your life? Try and not let it get to you. It was a misunderstanding. And if they act that way to you, you may need to think about is this friendship really a healthy friendship for me. You shouldnt be being treated that way. Hold in there. Things will start to look up!!

1 Like

this is probably one of my biggest fears. People being mad at me, or being hurt by me. Even the thought of that makes me so upset and sets my anxiety off. If someone is acting even a little bit different towards me, I’m freaking out, I HAVE to be reassured EVERY time, otherwise, I start to slip into that mindset of being a bad person, and start getting the urges to harm, and even get suicidal thoughts start coming in.

I was relentlessly bullied in school, I mean, I had avery few friends… There was one day where me and my best friend had a huge argument though. I was communicating something with her and she took it the wrong way. So, she went to her cousin, the most popular girl in school, and within a day, NO ONE in my year group of about 200 people would speak to me. They spread around the school all the horrible rumours, and so people saw me as being this horrible person… For about 6 months, I had NO ONE in school to talk to, at all. They all just continued to throw insults and crap at me - including telling me everyone would be better off if I were dead etc. Literally, all that had happened was my friend misunderstood something I said to her. After a while, we approached each other like “this needs to stop” and now, 5 years on, she’s bringing me McDonalds :+1: You’ll get through this, it’ll work out. Try to give it some time and when you feel ready, explain the situation again. It will blow over.

Hold Fast
Kayla

@Mooseman
I relate to this post, just this year i got anxiety issues in a class to where i sat in the corner/ had to leave the room . All i can say is , take it day by day and take baby steps . at the end of the day everything will get better/be better soon it may not be right away but maybe your friend just needs time to breath and figure everything out.also, have you tried talking to him how you feel? it may be hard but if hes your friend tell him dont keep it hidden to where they dont know how you feel.
-ashley

1 Like

Hey @Mooseman,

You’re definitely not alone with wanting to feel accepted and loved by society. We’re social human beings who long for love and affection, and when it’s not given to us, it can leave us depressed and disappointed. I think the best thing you can do in this situation is to forgive him for making you feel angry and anxious. Learning how to forgive is complex, and it can’t happen overnight. However, it is possible, and you’ll be SO much better off when you succeed. Everyone learns to forgive differently, however there are generally 5 steps of forgiveness.

Stage 1: Awareness. You notice that you’re still angry, hurt or bitter about something, and this lets you know that you need to forgive. This awareness is crucial; without it, negative feelings will continue to undermine you at a subconscious level.

Stage 2: Experience. Forgiveness isn’t about suppressing or ignoring painful feelings. In fact, you need to go through a period of fully feeling those emotions. Engage with their full impact, whether by journaling or talking, and let yourself express your rage and pain.

Stage 3: Acceptance. You don’t need to make excuses for the person who hurt you or to endorse the choices they made. In fact, you may not even want to let them back into your life. However, you do have to accept that you’ve had this unpleasant experience and that it cannot be changed.

Stage 4: Willingness to Forgive. Often, it’s only after we experience the full range of our emotions and consign them to the past that we become willing to forgive. At this stage, you’ll really see that there’s no benefit to staying in a place of suffering, and you’ll stop clinging to the old pain that’s holding you back.

Stage 5: Releasing. The final stage of forgiveness is letting go of your grudge and releasing your emotions from your body. Once you do that, you can actively move on with your life positively and productively. You will feel a profound and lasting sense of peace and closure.

Hold fast. We believe in you. :slight_smile:

-Eric

2 Likes

Wow what a jerk. Can’t believe that. That is a nightmare. Thanks for your advice.

Yea I did tell him. He’s a 38 year old man. You would think he would understand. It was all a misunderstanding I ever said I was sorry even though I shouldn’t be. A stupid meal isn’t worth all this drama. He ended getting what he wanted anyway. He’s a big tough guy so I guess he has to put on a front.lol

I appreciate your help. I will work on it. Thanks

@Mooseman Here is our discussion about your topic from our live stream today with Jesse Barton from Alive In Barcelona. I hope it encourages you.

Hold Fast.

3 Likes

This helped me so much. I appreciate you guys taking the time to talk about my situation. I know now the ball is in his court. I also know that I am not alone dealing with these kind of situations and anxiety. Again I am so greatful for you guys. Thank you so much.