Just too much.....cannot find a better title

Hello, i’ve been a member here for a time now but didn’t find the courage to post why.
So i decided to say what’s in my heart, or whatever is left of it.
Don’t really know how to start, so i’ll start with the beginning.
I was 10 years old, when i had a terrible accident on my right eye. I remember it extremely clear, like it was just yesterday, as i do with all my bad memories.
We were at a family picnic, was my grandfathers birthday, and my dad, brother, cousin and me went in the woods to look for mushrooms. My younger brother kept breaking fallen
branches on the treetrunks, and my cousin gave him a hand, and one of those branches flew straight into my right eye. To keep it short, 4 major surgeries had to be done just to save my eye.
And it did save it, but i would not be able to see more than through a thick fog. I was just a kid, went back to school, didn’t care much for it until one time, when it all started.
The muscles on the eye grew lazy and i developed strabismus, thats when all the bullying and making fun of me began. My entire school life has been like that, and i just pushed everything inside.
Even the friends i thought i had turned out to not be truly friends. And i just stuffed everything deep in me. I lost everything, my confidence is not here anymore, my sel esteem is far far away,and i hate myself.
I had an eye surgery now, after all these years, with my own money, thinking i would change, be better, but it’s not like that at all.

At approximately the same age, i, just a child, found out that my mother was drinking. I was the one to notice it, not my father, not brother, grandparents, it was me.
I spent unslept nights, being afraid that something would happen to my mom, my father didn’t know how to handle this issue, so it was me all afraid every night.
I remember, one day she had a kind of a nervous breakdown and wanted to jump from our 4th story appartment, and it was me who held on to her.It was little me all alone.
Every night i would put my ear on the door, wanting to hear her breathing and being afraid that she is going to die. Nights unslept, school in the morning,
i was so tired, and there awaited me all the bullying.All these memories are so vivid for me, i cannot recall the few happy ones i had.

I remember, growing up, i never wanted to have lots of money, cars or even extremely well payed jobs. I always dreamed to have my own family, to share happy moments with someone,
to give love and receive love. It seems that even this small dream of mine is not going to become reality. I am all alone, every single day, coming home from work to an empty house.
I live behind a wall made of glass, i never show myself how i am, i lie, saying that i’m good, putting up as happy a face as i can muster, but inside me there’s just pain and more pain.
I have nightmares. Every night. I wake up crying and trembling. Everything is now spilling out, there’s no more room inside of me to hide the pain, it’s just overflowing.
I’ve had two attempts last year, to end it all. Didn’t work out as planned.

I gave myself this year. I’m going to see my therapist, and say everything. All of it. I don’t know how it will help me, but i do know it will be extremely hard for me to do it.
But this is my resolution for this year. My eye surgery is done, there’s nothing more that can be done there, so that’s finished. The therapist is next.
And i will try my best, but if it doesn’t work out, this year will be my last year of pain. I will try to fight though, as much as i can, but it’s just too much for me.
Anyway, thank you for reading, it’s all out, summarized as much as i could. Sorry if i wrote it wrong. But right now, and each day more, i feel like i really don’t deserve
anything. I’m not good enough, for anyone.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

That eye injury sounds so painful. And kids can be so mean. Bullying you for an injury, that’s awful. I’m sorry that happened. People can say things about us or turn out to not be our real friends. But the people who’s opinion really matters are those who love you and care about you. And I don’t think those people were your real friends. Friends don’t treat friends like that.

I am so sorry that you have felt so alone. But I am really happy that you are still alive and that you decided to reach out on here. Your life does matter and you can still live a fully, healthy and happy life. I am so proud of your for going to your therapist and speaking more about what is going on. There help and hope out there for you. But don’t give yourself a time limit to be okay. Sometimes this pain and hurt takes time. Sometimes it’s just a month, sometimes it’s a year and sometimes it’s many years, but that doesn’t mean the fight isn’t worth it. It is worth it. And I hope that this year you find that even through all the set backs and pain that life is still worth living. You are worth life. We are here for you. Hold
Fast.

Cassie

1 Like

An injury in the past doesn’t define you. Your actions do, and I see a fighter here. I know how hard opening up can be, and I’m proud of you. There’s no such thing as the need to be insecure or embarrassed or ashamed. We are all in pain, but we’re together.
Try to let the pain out, the negativity, in a positive way. Like expressing yourself through art, or letting out your pain through music and learning an instrument.
I believe in you. You’ll be okay. Someone out there will find heaven when they find you. Don’t give up, there’s lots of people out there. Don’t give up your dream of having a family, live for it. It can and will happen.
We all feel like we don’t deserve anything. But our pain blinds us, we do deserve our hopes and dreams. You’ve fought for yourself, and I think you believe you’re worth it, just like I do.
Hold Fast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Alex198

Good for you for seeking a therapist. In the end, you are doing it for yourself. Focus on getting better. Don’t let the past control you. You will outlive.

Thank you for writing these kind words…at this point, i really cannot see the so called light at the end of the tunnel, it’s just dark, and to be really honest, i don’t believe i’ll see it soon.
I don’t know if i’ll be ok, or if i’ll find myself and all that is missing…i’m currently going with what i planned for this year and i’m keeping to it. But i have my doubts.

1 Like

@Alex198

Thank you for replying. I just wanted to let you know that this community loves you.

Honestly, and to be truthful, i really am walking on a thin line now, waiting for it to snap again , but i am trying.
The hardest thing is that , perhaps my personality, as it should have been, is all gone, i feel empty, and so so very tired.
I cannot sleep without having nightmares, it’s just so draining, i honestly don’t know how longer i can go on with everything.

1 Like

It’s just happening right now again, i am just shaking and i cannot…There is not a day that goes by that i don’t think of ending it, and i do have the means, perhaps more than others and much more efficient…i feel like i’m trying to hold on with my fingers on rags of me…

1 Like

@Alex198

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4382UVl0oc

Thank you, it’s a good and cool music video, but…ahh i guess maybe there’s always a “but”…where’s my reason to fight? What for? Sorry, but i cannot see anything in front of me right now. I also like to listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s&feature=share , but things seem so far away from me…very far…

1 Like

Honestly, i’m just so so tired…

1 Like