Looking to get help soon

I am going to see a therapist soon, i decided to try and do all i can to get out of the place i am in.
What am i to expect? How does it all work? And, most importantly, will it help? I want to believe so much that it will help me out.

2 Likes

Hey brother.
You are taking a big step, don’t worry if you feel like it’s not working at first. It’s completely normal. Therapists are not magicians and one or another may not be what you expect. If you feel like it’s really not working, don’t hesitate and find a new one. But I garantee you this choice you made will help you in one way or another. Just by admitting you need help, just reaching for it is enough to bring a change.
I wish you the best of lucks, be strong and brave. There might be a lot of tears coming in those therapy sessions. Don’t hold onto them and take every chance you get to learn about yourself and your struggles.
You got this!

1 Like

@Alex198

You’ll be fine. Remember, you are doing this for yourself. Not me, not this community, but you. I believe in you. Go for it.

I thank you all for the kind words; everyone in this community is a wonderful person and i am really glad that i found this here.
I know each of us go through different struggles, and i’m happy that i have found a place where i can reach out, share my feelings and perhaps let it out. Wonderful people.

Hi Alex198, I’m so glad you are going to see a therapist. Like audiochm said, it may take a while to find one that fits you best and it might not, but regardless it’s going to make a world of difference having a safe place to let all your feelings and thoughts out. Just being able to talk to someone who has the training to help you will make you feel so much better. I’m so proud that you made that step forward for your own happiness! Stay strong my friend!

Hi lostchandelier, thanks. Yes, i really want to believe that it will help, i think this is something i need to do because there’s no more room to hide everything inside me and i can’t see any other way out. Although, it will be pretty hard the first times i guess. Be safe and strong also friend.

1 Like

Thank you! I just started going back to a therapist because of recent struggles I am having and it is helping me so much just to let everything out. Each day is getting better. I hope you have the same positive experience as me. And this site helps so much having others rally around you. <3

You know, there’s also this…feeling? unheard voice? something inside that makes me think that it won’t make any difference, that it’s not going to get better at all. It’s just a kind of feeling that i have.
The thing is, i hide everything so well, like i’m living and seeing the world from behind a reinforced glass window…nobody even thinks that i have so much pain inside. But i have to change, a lot, and hopefully it will work out.

I think it’s normal to have that feeling, especially when you haven’t felt any kind of hope before. I hide things very well also, at least that’s what everyone tells me. When I finally come out and say things it comes as shock to others. I believe talking with your therapist and finding an understanding of why you hide everything will help you so much. Be completely open and honest. Take it day by day. And continue to find happiness within yourself. I believe you will start to see a difference. <3

I’m always thinking that i don’t want to burden others with all my problems…right now i’m thinking that it may be somewhat shocking for my therapist, whom i know a bit, maybe too shocking if i say everything that’s kept inside. And i mean all of it. I’m afraid, i feel like i shouldn’t be, but i am.
I just feel like i don’t belong anywhere, that i shouldn’t even be here.

Man I feel that exact same way, not wanting to burden other people. But It’s going to help you immensely if you let everything out. Get it all off your chest. That’s what your therapist is there for! You belong here. I belong here. We are here for a purpose, even if we don’t know what for yet, there is a reason.

:disappointed_relieved: I would really want to know what's my purpose here. Maybe i will find out, maybe not. 

Maybe there’s no purpose at all…maybe it’s just nature going it’s way. And sometimes, it also makes mistakes. Then recovers…and so on. Am i a mistake? Perhaps, at this moment i believe so. Or maybe i’m not? But from all the things that i have gone through, and things i haven’t experienced yet, to me it seems i am a mistake.

Oh, and sorry if i’m just talking some nonsense…i’m just saying what goes/races through my mind at this very moment. :tired_face: