Lost my girl and now I hate myself

So I had the girl of my dreams, and we had agreed to start sexting on the third annerversary of my dads death, and I had also found out that day that a close family friend had died. We were hanging out the following day and I told her thank you for last night and never got to finish my sentence which was gonna state that it kept my mind off the anniversary of my dad and my family friend. Now we’re barely talking and she doesn’t know if she ever wants to see me again all because I couldn’t finish my sentence. I feel like my life has come to a crashing haunt because she made me feel so alive. My depression is now kicking my ass, and I feel like people would be better off if i just disappeared for a while. The only thing keeping me going at this point is hoping warped tour gives me a day to escape everything.

2 Likes

Dear @Bcrit,
If your girl chooses not to talk to you because you couldn’t finish a sentence, she definitely doesn’t deserve you. I’d suggest trying to touch base with her and trying to find out what’s going on. That would help you find an answer. (Now here’s the cliche part) There are plenty of fish in the sea. You’ll find someone eventually, whether her or otherwise, that clicks with you perfectly. I too once found “the girl of my dreams”. We broke up two months later. I’m now in a relationship that has lasted 19 months, and it’s still going strong. My point here is that the person who may at first seem perfect may not be perfect for you. Stay strong, everything will be alright.

2 Likes

Hi @Bcrit

First I want to say thank you for sharing what is going on here at HeartSupport that takes a lot to share what is going on. I do realize that it is hard to open up like this on a site like this so be proud. I want to say that I am by far no professional so please know that it is hard to tell you what to do.

I hope while you are at warped tour you will stop at the heartsupport tent. I really do hope warped tour can help some.

On the girl and stuff about that perhaps it would be a good idea to sit down with her and say I want to know why you are not talking to me. I know that might not be easy but it is the best thing in any relationship open communication is key. You cant make a relationship happen if it is a one way street of any kind.

I know your depression and other things are hard right now but hold on to this factor it is okay to not be okay and that there is still a light at the end of that tunnel even if you do not see it in the moment.

Hold fast
Ash

2 Likes

I guess I’m kind of a little lost about what you mean. What do you mean you were hanging out and never got to finish your sentence and now she doesn’t want to talk to you? Why were you unable to finish your sentence? In any case, I would sit down with her and have a heart to heart conversation and tell her where you’re at in the relationship and how much she means to you. If that is no longer an option, just take some time for yourself before you head into another relationship, but I promise that if this girl isn’t the “girl of your dreams”, she’s out there.

1 Like

I usually pour down essays around here but sometimes being short and concise helps better.

She did not go away because you did not finish your reply. She ghosted because was interested just in getting her fix out of this.

Please go find someone else. Someone who perhaps is there for you in person when you are grieving instead of sexting. Damn, millenials and their coping mechanisms.

I trust that you can do better and I am deeply sorry for your losses.

1 Like

Hey @Bcrit,

I’m so sorry to hear about what happened. Is there more to the story? For the sake of your ex-girlfriend, I hope that she isn’t that shallow to the point of breaking up with you because you couldn’t finish a sentence. But IF she is that low, then you definitely deserve so, so much better. I would highly recommend having a conversation with her about what is really going on in her mind, because if she used the “not being able to finish a sentence” excuse to break up with you, then there’s definitely something deeper going on that you may not be aware of.

In the meantime, in this case, time really does do a lot of healing. Keep pushing and I guarantee you that you’ll be back on top in no time. We’re here for you!

-Eric