My grandfather passed away

My grandfather passed away this morning. I couldn’t cry cause I was in school. All I wanted to do all day was go home. After school I went to my cousins house and we cried. I couldn’t stop crying because I wasn’t able to say goodbye. His funeral is Thursday and I can’t go because it’s in Miami and I have a school. I feel as if everything in my life is going downhill. Everyone keeps telling me that it’s goigb to be okay but it doesn’t feel like it will be okay. I miss him. I miss him so much. I don’t want to lose him. I don’t know what I’m going to do without him. I want to see him one more time. I want to be able to say goodbye. It hurts. It hurts a lot. It hurts so much. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss sweetheart. That’s really hard. I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and hug you. But since I can’t just know that I am sending you so much love right now to you and your family.
We are here to support you my friend.

Much much much love.

2 Likes

Here for you Vanessa. I know what your are goin through

1 Like

@Vanessa I am really sorry for your loss… I’ve lost someone as well and one thing I can tell you yes it gets a bit easier in time but the sadness etc will come in waves. It’ll happen like something will remind you of him like a song or scent or whatever and then it’ll hit you hard. There are grief counselors out there that can help as well. Some people are ignorant as to even tell you to just get over it and don’t ever listen to them because you’ll always encounter that one person doing that. Talking about it is the first step and I’m thankful you reached out to this group we are all here for you and love you. Just take it day by day and take the time you need to feel better. Maybe even find a new project to start on or do stuff in his memory might help. I don’t think the pain ever goes away but that’s ok it just means they live inside your heart and you’ll carry there mempriesits what you do with the pain is important and using it in a good constructive way rather then self destructive methods are the best way to handle it.

3 Likes

@Vanessa

I am so sorry to hear that your grandfather passed. That’s so very hard. But I am so glad that you chose to share that you’re hurting. So often it is easy to sit in your grief alone and not reach out when you’re struggling, so you have taken the first step in healing, and I’m so proud of you for that.

Quite a few years ago I lost my grandmother, very unexpectedly. She was happy and healthy and my mom talked to her on the phone that morning. That loss hit me exceptionally hard. I was young and I had no idea how to deal with the greif of losing someone I was so close to. I’m not sure if you have thought of this, but maybe you could see a greiving counselor? Or even talk to a counselor that is there on your school campus. I think that talking to someone through this hard time will be really helpful to you.

Greco often comes in waves, I think someone else said that already. But it’s does. I know even now I still greive the loss of my grandmother, things still remind me of her and I still get sad. But it’s important to remember that it’s ojay to be sad. It’s okay to miss them, it’s ojay to wish they were here. It’s just not okay to live in that greif and get lost in the what ifs.

It’s easy to get lost in the fact they he isn’t here anymore, but I think it’s important to hang on to the happy memories and moments you shared. Talk to your family, I am sure they are struggling as well. It’s important to share your sadness with others, I imagine that they are grieving at this loss as well and that talking to them, talking through everything, and reminiscing on the good times would help a lot.

I am so sorry that you’re going through this. I wish I could give you a big hug! Know that this community is always here for you and we want to be here for you.
We love you, we are proud of you.

Hold fast,
Hannah Presley

It’s been a day and I’m just checking in on you. I hope you are doing alright. Know that my message box is open to you if you ever need it. Still sending you all of the love as you go through this extremely difficult time.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing much better now.