Possible divorce

A few days ago my aunt and uncle were thinking of getting a divorce (I’m writing about this because i live with them and because my parents are dead) When i found out i thought it was because of me, i don’t know how to feel.

Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that about your family. Divorce and the feelings surrounding it are very very tough. Please know that it’s not your fault and we are here for you. You are not in control of your aunt and uncle’s actions or decisions so it is not your fault. It’s very common to feel that way, I felt that way for a long time when I was in the same spot, but it is not your fault. I hope that you can start to believe that

Divorce is hard when it’s someone that you love and care for. I’m really sorry to hear about your Aunt and Uncle. I know that it’s probably easy to feel like it has to do with you, but I’m sure your Aunt and Uncle have things going on that they are just struggling with that have nothing to do with you at all.

My parents divorced when I was younger and I know it was really hard to deal with. Just know that you are cared for and important. We are here for you through out the process if you need a friend. Stay strong.