Relationship Troubles

First, I am sorry to write this here, but I don’t really know where else to go. I have been in a relationship for the past 8 months and this guy is amazing. We both work really hard to work through anything that comes up. But a few weeks ago we had a really ugly fight and he says he has been “off” since then. I also have been having a hard time controlling my reactions. I have acknowledged that this is something I am working on and he has told me that everything is okay and just needs time. I have apologized and am trying everything in my power to better myself for this relationship, but I still feel like its not enough. I don’t really have anyone to talk to about this either. And every time I try to have someone to talk to, I end up feeling worse. I am scared that we will not be able to move forward from this rough patch.

2 Likes

@Lisa

Hi. Nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing what you are going through. I’m sorry you are not in good terms with your boyfriend. I’m not in a relationship, so I cannot advise you. There are people in this community who gone through similar experience as you do, and they do understand. You’re not alone in this. This community is here with you and for you.

1 Like

Hey Lisa! What you’re going through is hard. Taking time within a relationship is super hard on both people but there is something super refreshing about the time after when you both are talking about it after the fact. Something that I live by are that actions speak louder than words, as it seems both of you have made some mistakes. That is part of being human, it’s ok to mess up. Part of loving someone (with my experience) is getting through the fights together. You deserve forgiveness too.
We will always be here to listen and give some advice to you!

2 Likes

The most important part I can bestow is to not make yourself the villain in it. If you feel pressured or are having a tough time when expression in the relationship, let it breath. If you ask to talk through it with your partner and they dont wish to currently give some space and take that space yourself to recharge your own batteries. Prioritise your own feelings as well. Hope this helps, I’ve been in a similar situation and handled it poorly, I mainly write from hindsight.

1 Like

Hi, Lisa. I am sorry that you are having a hard time right now. I have been through the struggles in relationships a few times in my life. It’s never easy. Sounds like you guys just need a really good talk it out where you can both just hear each other out and maybe talk about what can be worked on to make things better. It’s important to be open and honest in a relationship and be willing to talk things through. Relationships thrive on that. Just be willing to gently listen and respond to one another. Be patient.

I hope that you guys are able to find what you need to rekindle your relationship. <3

1 Like