Struggling a lot

I am really struggling tonight with wanting to fall back into my eating disorder. The eating disorder thoughts are so loud and I’m trying so hard to fight them to not give into compulsions, to distract myself and give myself grace. It’s hard because a larger part of me doesn’t care if I relapse. I don’t know how to deal with all my emotions and just be ok in my own skin.

Hey @Fashionlover0191, I’m really sorry you have been struggling with this lately. I’m sure that is very challenging when you get those urges. Our flesh is weak but our spirit is strong. I know it can be hard when we are tempted to give in, but remember that you are a strong person and you can overcome. And if you do give in to it, it’s okay. We are human, we are going to fall short sometimes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Remember to be kind and gentle to yourself during these tough moments. I believe in you my friend! Stay strong!

I understand how hard it can be to just be okay in my own skin too. I get it. It’s not easy, especially around other people. I get terrible social anxiety and I withdraw because I am not always comfortable with who I am. Hopefully you are able to have more good days than bad days. Remember that you are loved, not only by us here, but most importantly, by God. He loves you no matter what!

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re struggling with that right now. I know it’s hard, but do whatever you can to try not to. Whether it’s reaching out to a friend, the wall, a therapist or a loved one.

It’s okay that you’re struggling, though. We all have our good days and our bad days. We wash struggle with our mental health, addictions and hardships sometimes. And it doesn’t mean we are failures. We are human.

I know it can be easy to be tempted to fall back into old habits or into things that may feel like an emotional escape.

Keep fighting my friend. We love you and value you and want you to be okay. We are here to walk with you through out your journey. No judgement. Okay? So just keep talking to us and let us be there for you as you work through it.

So much love to you.

• Kitty
2 Likes