Therapist Reacts to Du Hast by Rammstein

thank you​:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

to be honest, lyrically this isn’t one of their deepest tracks. But their live shows are awesome, their music videos are absolutely stunning and many of their lyrics are much more deeper and have double and triple meanings. I subbed, waiting for more reactions to Rammstein - They are GREAT! Especially live!
Edit: imagine a french croud singing german lyrics - nothing like that has ever happened before. The french (especially after WW2) are very restricted on their own language with laws how much foreign music is allowed to be played on their radio and how much has to be in french language - awesome what Rammstein did there.

1 Like

that keyboard player isnt skipping leg day for nothing!

1 Like

Deutschland is an experience. How’s your German history? The lyrics are very telling.

1 Like

In German, Du hast or Du hasst is not clear without the following Content!
You only know whether Du hast (You have) or Du hasst (You hate) is meant in relation to the following Text!
……. you have asked me, only now it is clear that …… du hast mich gefragt (You have ask me) is meant!

Hast and hasst are two Words that Sound the same in German!
No German can tell just by hearing (Du hast/hasst) what is meant!
It only becomes clear in Context and from the Spelling!

Noun:
Der Hass / The Hate - Verb: Du hasst / You hate

The Verb “hast” comes from “haben”
Ich habe - I have
Du hast - You have
Er, Sie, Es hat - He, She, It has
Wir haben - We have
and so on.

1 Like

You at 4:28 in is exactly how it feels to be at a Rammstein show. It’s an experience, not just a concert. Go and see them if you can. Its a must see, even if you don’t necessary love the music.

1 Like

Rammstein songs are usually pretty straight forward with their message if you take the lyrics literally. The deeper meaning behind their songs often get lost in translation. The song is actually about toxic relationships or even marriage and not an conflict in one persons mind.

1 Like

Great reaction.
I’m a fan since '97. The song that got me was “Engel”- Angel. It was such a unique sound. And they surprise and fascinate me to this day. Btw same lineup from the beginning.
What fascinates me are the lyrics (most, not all song). A lot of them have double meaning. Which is a result where all bandmembers grew up, in the GDR. Most lyrics are written in a poetry style and a some are quite heavy subjects, taboos in western societies. They took a lot of heat for that. Society doesn’t want to be bothered with taboos.
Looking forward to see more reactions from you to Rammstein.
With love from Germany :heart::metal:t2:

1 Like

Rammstein - Ich tu dir Weh is my no. 1 Rammstein song

1 Like

As a German, I never got into Rammstein. I don’t think they’re good, but a ton of people love them and that’s fair.

That being said, I played the shit out of this song and Waidmanns Heil on Guitar Hero.

1 Like

You look like my daughter, but she is 4 years old​:sweat_smile: how old are you, 5?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

The pyro is awsome. I went to a show of theirs a few years ago. Best concert I’ve been to. They played for at least two hours.

1 Like

You should actually look into the singer…

1 Like

I don’t have much to say. I just want to say, that RS has created more than 50 masterpieces over the years. Don’t believe me? Listen to another song and then another and so on …

1 Like

People Who Watch Rammstein Reaction Videos: Waiting

Reactor: “Is He On A Treadmill?!?!”

PWWRRV: Insert Family Guy - ‘They Said The Thing!’ GIF

1 Like

I heard from a sound engineer friend that the whole band are licensed to do pyrotechnics. They have to be to use that mure fireworks. Not sure if its true but I want to believe it

1 Like

I saw Rammstein back in 1998 when they were touring America. I believe for the first time for this album.

It was an eclectic mishmash of artists but I went there specifically for Rammstein who if memory serves me correctly, played their set right before the headliners Korn.

That one song does not do them Justice in person. They are pyromaniacs or at least they were at the time from wearing a fire retardant trench coat while singing a ballad to actually pulling out a flamethrower and waving it out over the crowd and all the other pyrotechnics that you see in this video.

In 98 I was 22 and it was surreal seeing a band do this kind of stuff. I still remember the heat coming off of the stage curling my lashes LOL. And seeing the size of this crowd in Paris dwarfing the size of my stadium in my hometown probably by 10 or 20 times. The size was incredible but the audience was no less engaged

There have always been a couple songs on each album that have raised an eyebrow or created some sort of controversy or dialogue, I can’t say this about mini bands but they are in a class class all to their own

I love your channel. Love how you break down the songs with an authenticity, professionalism and empathy. Although this is a Rammstein video, I cannot wait to see you continue to go down the rabbit hole of Ren :metal::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hey Taylor! Thanks for your reaction to this song. Ramstein has lots of other songs that might be something for you. Almost every song has a deep meaning and I’m sure, that you’d like them - especially because of your psychological background. Therefore I‘d recommend the songs „Zeit“, „Angst“, „Deutschland“ and „Mein Herz brennt (piano Version)“. I‘d also recommend to Look um the translation of the lyrics while watching. And please don‘t miss the outros :slight_smile: Thanks again - and have fun :blush:

1 Like

Maried me!?Yes No :blush::heart:The song l mean :open_mouth:

1 Like

ich liebe Rammstein… please react to more Rammstein…some suggestions… from Völkerball: Reise Reise, Morgenstern, Rein Raus, Sehnsucht, Stripped, Stein um Stein. from madison square garden: ich tu dir weh, weisses fleisch, engel. from Paris: links 2 3 4, wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen, from hurricane festival 2016: ich will, sonne. from hurricane festival 2013: mein teil

1 Like