Why? The burden?

Why do i struggle with this burden in the mind. The days of victory have come and gone. At the age of 31 and the father of a 5 month old baby i can admit that my life has gone no where, i feel stuck in regression. I cant see the light of day only darkness. I’ve searched for help in positive ways yet find no relief. I’ve broken free from substance yet I’m plagued by waves of tournament. I feel like i dont belong in where. Not in recovery rooms, not in church not even in worldly affairs. It as if God has forgotten me along with thw rest of society and i can say honestly that suicide seems like a way out. What should i do?

Hey Sean,
Brother, I am older than you and can totally relate. Also, totally not trying to compare ages and our struggles, but you’ve got plenty more years on me. It’s never too late to start grinding and setting new goals. Also man, you have got to think of your child. I am also a father, of 2, and couldn’t imagine leaving them without my guidance.
So what is making you feel like you can’t find relief in the places you mentioned? I can honestly say you belong in this community though my friend. I know you can’t truly feel like you don’t, because you were brave enough to post. Also, as far as finding solace in church, you should try attending some different ones. I haven’t been to church in awhile, but I had an amazing one I attended back home. My family and I moved three years ago, and I haven’t found one I feel comfortable in. Although, it does make a huge difference when you truly find a church that makes you feel at home.
As far as God forgetting about you, my faith leads me to believe he wouldn’t do that. I’m not sure how he works, but I believe sometimes he leaves it in our hands, to maybe just learn and grow. Anyway, I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense to you. I know we all have different ideas, and the subject is difficult at times.
I just think you wouldn’t have asked for advice if you didn’t want it my friend. So I hope this isn’t bad advice, but truly, live for your child. It is important that you are happy as well, and hope you can find that right place. I certainly know we all have your back in this community. Like I said though, you are important to your kiddo, even though it may not feel like it. I’m really glad you posted and put your trust in us friend. Like I always say, Hold Fast and please feel free to contact me if you want to chat. Much love to you brother!

Hey man. Thank you for showing interest in what i was going through. I’ve pulled through a moment of distress and am doing better. My Son is doing good and i see him again on Sunday. Still sober and still focused on school. You got alot to give to others man. Your words are very encouraging. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hi friend.
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I just went you to know that you are a very strong person and we all love you. You are not alone. You are worthy of love and support, and we will be here for you in any way we can❤️
Stay Strong

1 Like