Will my luck ever change

hello my name is Alex and i have been struggling this past year because i am in the middle of going through a divorce and it has been hard because i have 4 kids with my wife and every time she talks to me or anything she acts like were a couple but when her new boyfriend is around she acts like she didn’t do it. her new boyfriend was my friend i took in at the time when he was down on his luck…and now a year later im in a different state from my kids…i have helped her financially even after the state takes child support out of my checks i still give her money to help her she lost the apt we had together and the car i helped her get another apt and anther car and she lost those also…and yet they live at her bfs dads house struggling i can see it in my kids face but they don’t wanna say anything to me i ask them if they wanna come live with me they say no which i understand because they want there mom and i as a family again and they don’t understand whats happening…then i find out my aunt has cervical cancer she went through chemo and it didn’t take so now she has to have a blood transfusion…then on top of all that i got laid off at work on Monday…so lately i have been putting a mask on my face showing im happy and everything is fine with me when deep down im so broken it hurts me and idk what to do anymore my insanity is growing… i don’t wanna do anything drastic or anything but its like im losing everything little by little

1 Like

I hope things turn around for you. I also hope things go well with your aunt as well.

Hi Alex!
Thank you for reaching out! Know that i’m praying for you through this difficult time.
The best i can say is that things will get better. I know it probably feels like your world is falling apart, but there are song lyrics that say “Your worlds not falling apart, it’s falling into place.” (i’ll link it below). Don’t be afraid to reach out to some counseling/therapy or a trusted friend or pastor. You’ll be okay. Just keep moving forward, even when it’s hard and you’ll be stronger than you were the day before. Allow God to work in your life, He’ll help you if you let Him, He’s got you friend.

I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt, i’m praying for her, you, your family, and everything that’s going on. Hold fast friend! Things will get better one moment at a time. Your yesterdays are wrapped in Grace.

1 Like

Alex,

I feel this so deeply…I’ve got three kids, and putting myself in your shoes, the pain is so deep…to feel, like you said, that you’re losing everything little by little…that you’ve lost your wife to this guy that YOU helped…to lose your apartment, to lose your proximity to your kids…for you to try to use money to help them and for your wife to mismanage the money so you even lose your ability to influence their wellbeing…for you to lose your ability to invite them in to stay with you…for you to lose your job…dude, it literally feels like you’re being peeled back like an onion, and you’re all the way back to your core…I’m so sorry bro…

I don’t even have good advice really, there’s so much here it’s like – where do you start?

I’m not entirely sure. One question I’m curious about though is – what do you feel like you’re supposed to learn from this whole situation? You might not have an answer yet, and that’s okay…but I can’t help but get the feeling that there’s a purpose to all this pain.

@bigfngun that really sucks bigfngun :frowning: here for you man

Alex. That situation completely blows. I feel for you. I totally understand this feeling. Feeling beat down by situations. This is when it’s especially important to find things that provide a lift, exercise, hanging with friends or a church. Anywhere where you can lean on others and get love. Sure it doesn’t fix the situations but it’ll push back on how overwhelmed you feel. Keep reaching out to others, you never know who or how someone you meet might change things for you. And keep looking into things to move yourself forward. Things tangible, obtainable. Like you said at the very least it will help focus your mind away from the bad. Good luck friend.

Hey Alex,

I’m so sorry for your struggles and the heartbreak you must be feeling- that really sucks. I know because I’ve experienced a longtime marriage breaking up and just can’t describe to others how much it affects you being separated from your kids and the confusion it creates in you. It’s really difficult and I understand how it can feel like your world’s falling apart and challenge who you even thought you were/are.

You have to hold on and keep getting through things one day at a time. Meanwhile, know that everyone’s broken inside in some way and wearing a mask is common and OK too. You know you can get through this and be there for your kids- I really hope you’re OK and can reach out to the right people to help get things sorted. If you don’t feel like there’s anyone who can understand and want to chat, please reach out to me.

@Bigfngun here is the highlight from our Twitch stream. Hold Fast.

2 Likes