3 yr update

Hey there.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. Back in 2020, things were really rough and I was constantly contemplating my existence, and my purpose for living life.
But I’m happy to say I’m doing much better now. After I had made the post in 2020, I attempted to take my own life. It was scary, and last minute, I felt small. I felt like what I was doing wasn’t normal, and I knew I needed help.

I’m currently here now, now 18 years old, during 19 this December. I’m seeing a therapist who helps me and understands me a lot. He had diagnosed me with MDD, and he’s been slowly helping me get back on track.

To the creators of this site, and the two people who replied to my post, thank you. I thought of you, and your words before I almost took my life, and it snapped me back to reality.

Thank you for saving my life.

Cheers!

6 Likes

@Katsthatfly

Wow - this is so beautiful. Do you feel the courage in your own voice as you write these words?

“I was at the brink of death. But I chose to live. And now I am choosing to grow and make the most of my life.”

This is so beautiful. You are in THERAPY! You have someone who understands you and is giving you diagnoses that help clarify and organize your thoughts and is helping you find pathways to improvement. BRILL. IANT. BRILLIANT.

So thankful for you taking the time to come back here and post and give us an update. This is so wonderful. I am encouraged by the courageous choices you are making with your life.

Feel free to post any updates or learnings or whatever you want to have us continue to follow along, as needed. Thank you.

-nate

1 Like

That is great news! Thank you for keeping us up to date.

God bless, keep up the good work, let the journey continue sending you blessing and healing

It is absolutely humbling and heartwarming to have read about how things have changed for you, and just how much you’ve grown since you posted in 2020. Seeking professional support, getting a proper diagnosis to support yourself, and finding the right person to help you are such huge, huge wins. MDD may seem like a beast at first, but it starts to feel less intimidating once you pull it out of its own shadows.

Thank you for taking the time to share all of this here. You know, there are also words and conversations that can only become a part of our life when we open the door to it.

Thank you for opening that door 3 years ago, especially during a time when it felt like you had no energy left in you. Thank you for choosing yourself, for preserving the light in you.

You are amazing, @Katsthatfly.