What you ever felt guilty when you're resting or taking a day off? -- JT Cavey of Erra Talks About Feeling Guilty When Resting

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

JT Cavey of Erra talks about feeling guilty when resting, which is something a lot of people can relate to. Sometimes we feel like resting is us being lazy or wasting time, when in reality resting is just as productive as any work we can do. Without rest one will burn themselves out and begin to struggle to keep up.

What you ever felt guilty when you’re resting or taking a day off?

1 Like

I can relate to this sooo much. @Heartsupport I always feel the guilt creeping in when I’m resting, comparing my desicions and journey to other people, mostly people I look up to and am inspired by. Theres this voice that’s telling me that I should take every opportunity, every second to somehow work towards my goals or dreams, toward an impactful life, that I desire so much.

1 Like

I love Erra and I love JT so much since I first heard them back in 2021.
I don’t know if it’s sad to listen to what he’s saying, but it definitely resonates with me so much. I’ve been feeling this way for so long, with school, music or even life in general, I can’t rest, there’s literally no rest. Being in college is so demanding that I barely have time off, and when I have time off I do anything but rest, why?, because when I do, I feel exactly what he describes. I even feel guilty playing the guitar or going out with friends on weekends. This video means a lot to me because Snowblood was the first song I listened from them and it was a really tough time back then, and now that things have gotten, maybe not that much better, but different, I identify a lot with the lyrics. I constantly overstress and underrest (if that’s a word?) and it leads to me feeling like I’m living a waking nightmare of some sort, in which I can barely put my thoughts in order and all I can do is just watch as the events in my life unfold. It feels like there’s just this big storm waiting to fall on me. And knowing that JT and other people feel that same way or at least go through something similar makes me feel worthy enough to at least take a breath and keep doing my thing haha. Thanks for the vid!