440 lost a very close friend for reasons i can t u

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Linkin Park - Friendly Fire
4:47-6:40 Lost a very close friend for reasons I can’t understand, because of actions she chose to make that evidently hurt me. And when I tried to talk to her about things she only ever just pushed away. I never lost sight of what I was fighting for, but I think she did, and it hurts more than I can describe because I have never loved someone so much before. The collapse of our friendly was just a case of friendly fire for reasons I’ll never understand…

2 Likes

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Losing someone who you loved so much is beyond heart wrenching. It makes you feel like everything you ever shared was flushed away, and you’re left with the hole of that person in your heart. I really empathize with what you are going through. I went through a really emotionally taxing breakup with my girlfriend when, despite loving each other very much, we realized we would not work long-term. Everything was left on a positive note, but then as we separated she began to take actions that really hurt me. No matter how much I tried to fight for our friendship, she pulled away and continued to hurt me.

I’m so sorry that this is what you are going through, because being hurt by someone whom you so deeply loved is absolutely devastating. Something that really helped me cope is the phrase, “hurt people hurt people”. Those who are struggling often find so much trouble dealing with their own emotions, and while trying to sort out their own struggles, they hurt those around them who really care for them. This doesn’t make their actions okay, but it helps to frame why they do what they do. I’m so sorry that you’ve had to experience this, but I know that within everything, there is a reason. Even in the hardest, most poignant struggles, there is a reason for what we go through. While you may feel betrayed and heartbroken, I do want you to know that you are so truly loved and I really appreciate you taking the time to open up as you did here. You are loved and I wish nothing but the best for you as you move through this trying time.

2 Likes

Hey Friend :star2:

I’m truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, it seems like you are carrying a heavy burden, and I hope my reply will take some much needed weight off your shoulders. Loosing a close friend can feel like a punch to the gut, I know this because I lost my best friend to suicide last year. It’s hard when you’re trying to understand what went wrong and reaching out to talk things through, only to be met with walls. That’s tough, and it’s okay to feel hurt and frustrated by it.

The sad and unfortunate reality is, some people make choices we will never be able to get our heads around. These choices can leave us feeling lost and questioning everything. But please know that it’s not a reflection of your worth or the love you poured into the relationship. You gave it your all, and that’s something to be proud of, even if it didn’t turn out the way you hoped. You couldn’t have predicted how things were going to turn out.

It’s natural to wonder what could have been done differently or if there was something you missed, but ultimately, we can’t control other people’s actions or decisions. What matters most is how you choose to move forward from here. It might take time to heal from this, and that’s okay. Allow yourself to feel all the emotions that come with it, but also remember to be kind to yourself in the process.

You loved deeply, and that’s a beautiful thing, even if it didn’t end the way you wanted. Hold onto the good memories you shared, and know that the pain will ease with time. Surround yourself with people who support and uplift you, and don’t be afraid to lean on them when you need to.

As Linkin Park sings, “When the world becomes a fantasy, and you’re more than you could ever be, ‘cause you’re dreaming with your eyes wide open.” Keep dreaming, keep believing in yourself, and know that brighter days are ahead. You’re stronger than you realize, and you will get through this.

Keep your chin up, and never underestimate the power of your own resilience.

With enormous love
EvilGenius :people_hugging::blue_heart:

1 Like