A boring disappointing birthday

it mattered enough for you to be disappointed. It mattered enough for you to mention it here.

Friends, even the best of them, have life events that happen, they mix up the dates, emergencies, or they plain ol’ forget what they said. When something happens like this, it’s best to ask directly what happened. No-one can read our minds, nor we read theirs.

Being friends means being vulnerable with your emotions up to a point. @Mystrose had a great post you could use word for word! Speak up for yourself, let them know you were disappointed. if they had forgotten, then use the opportunity to reschedule another date and time for a call.

Also, happy birthday from us here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah I just messaged them turns out something came up, they apologized for the whole thing and promised to make it up to me.

4 Likes

and do you feel better about it now? have these additional facts made you think about things differently?
We are sometimes willling to believe bad things about ourselves when we’re disappointed, and so we have to make sure that we counter-act this when we realize it wasn’t a fault of our, or a rejection.

1 Like

It’s just hard for me I already have such low confidence in myself I just tend to believe I’m the one at fault some how.

1 Like

in light of facts, would you be willing to change that?

1 Like

probably not it’s not something I really have controll of

1 Like

have you ever done any sort of thing that can help boost your self confidence and self esteem?
if we feel peppier about ourselves, it tends to be spill over to other aspects of our lives.

1 Like

no I wouldn’t even know what to do in order to boost my self confidence

2 Likes

if we looked up some stuff, do you think it’d be something you’d like to explore?

1 Like

I could try but I don’t know how well it will go

2 Likes

Hi lonelyfreak
It can be very dissapointing when we are looking forward to something and it does not happen, and on ones birthday it is especially hurtful. I have felt like this several times. It can be very demotivating. It seems like your friend had something unexpected come up. It happends but I understand that it might not make things much better. I think you deserve to have people who care about you. You might think that you are unloveable but that is not true. You absolutely are. :wink:

1 Like

thank you for commenting and the kind words

1 Like

I hope they made you feel better at least a little. I wanted to share this video with you :wink:. Watch This If You're Struggling With Your Self-Worth - YouTube

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.