A long cycle of loneliness

From prismalised: Hello everyone! I’m new here and due to an unfortunately bad experience in another server i feel quite locked up inside. Nevertheless i decided to finally reach out because I don’t want to bottle up my emotions

I have been feeling lonely, sometimes even invisible. When i come home from school, the emptiness really hits and i feel so isolated, this is especially bad on weekends. This pain knowing I’m alone hurts, i feel deserted. There are times when i really enjoy being alone but often too much of it turns everything upside down and here i am. I just don’t know how to even feel about this anymore

I would really hope for no invalidating responses or usage of ‘reverse psychology’. I’m only looking for any kind of positivity

I hope everyone reading this are doing well

1 Like

The courage you’ve shown is admirable. It’s too bad that your had a negative experience on another server, which understandably made you apprehensive.

Based on what I heard you share, regarding your feelings of loneliness, it sounds like while you’re comfortable alone you also want to feel like someone cares and understands as well as having that general sense of belonging.

Hi primalised,
I’m sorry you had that bad experience on the other server, hopefully Heart Support is a healthier space for you to share what you’re feeling and get support. It’s so easy to put walls up and get locked up after getting hurt, but sometimes vulnerability is the door to connection. Thank you for taking that first step of vulnerability to feel less alone-- because truly-- you are not alone. Feeling lonely and invisible are not things foreign to me, I have felt them frequently in my life often feeling alienated, left-out and unseen. Knowing that school might bring some kind of relief for you could be something for you to lean on either as a distraction or just a separate space that those lonely feelings don’t envelop you. Feeling like you’re deserted or forsaken makes any time alone kind of poisoned. I hear you say sometimes you enjoy being alone but often it turns everything upside down. When that happens to me, journaling, going for a walking, taking a shower, anything to change my environment and get me out of that loop can be helpful. I’m sorry that you’re in this space at the moment and I hope you find things to pull you through.

I’m so happy that you feel comfortable enough to open up on our server. I’m really sorry that you’ve had bad experiences on other servers. To be invalidated simply for sharing what you’re going through is unacceptable and I’m sorry you had to deal with that.

Feeling lonely is so draining. As a student myself, I understand the harsh comedown after a day spent with your friends, all to be left alone when school ends. Personally, my faith has had a huge role in helping alleviate my loneliness. Knowing that I am always surrounded by a God who loves everyone he has ever created always instills a deep sense of connectivity. Additionally, whenever I feel lonely, I have to remind myself to try to be proactive in fighting my loneliness. That may mean despite the fear of rejection or of plans being cancelled, I reach out to those around me and try to plan events that can overpower my loneliness. I know you may not share the same beliefs I do, but I want to let you know that you are truly loved so much and I appreciate you opening up on here. Thank you for sharing with us, and I truly hope that you find a way to feel well soon. You are loved more than you know!

You’re so strong for reaching out, I hear you and I see you! It’s so easy to feel locked up because of past experiences. I’m proud of you for letting your emotions out rather than bottling them up.

Being in an isolated spot in our lives can be so hard, we feel hopeless, and we don’t know who to turn to. Being lonely can bring us comfort, and pain at the same time. One day we can feel content being alone, and the next, we don’t know how to feel about it anymore. I promise this won’t last.
Something that I’ve found while in a state of isolation, and loneliness, is that I was able to find myself, and build my character.

We are here for you, and we love you so much. I’m rooting for you; you WILL get through this!

It’s so powerful to see someone have the confidence to be able to speak up and advocate for yourself, especially after struggling with a previous bad experience. We’re right here for you. I promise your feelings won’t be invalidated, it’s very normal to feel loneliness while in school. I’ve struggled finding a balance between spending too much or too little time alone. It’s not at easy balance to find and I’m sorry this is so hard for you. I’ve found that COVID put me in a really similar situation to you and I’ve experienced similar isolation and feeling invisible. I’ve found that after COVID I had time to work on myself and develop new hobbies and passions. Fortunately, coming out of lockdown I found that the time I spent alone helped me find myself and have something to fill the emptiness with. Things as small as taking yourself on a drive or walk, cooking yourself a nice meal, praying, or anything else you enjoy makes being alone feel a lot less lonely.
I promise that you are not alone, you are an amazing person whose self worth is not dependent on others. You sound like such a sweet person from reading your message, especially to see you checking it on us at the end of your post. You truly are such a light that shines on others, you are far from invisible.

That must have felt so defeating to be met with negativity when you reached out for help, but I’m so glad you didn’t allow negative past experiences to break your determination to reach out for positivity and encouragement! Just from reading your message you seem like a truly caring and thoughtful person, especially to wish us well when you are in the midst of struggle and loneliness! That kindness coupled with your focus on positivity is the bedrock of friendship that so many other people are longing for. I’m rooting for you on this journey to overcome these circumstances!

1 Like