A New Journey

Hello! My name is Jimmy and I’m new here to this heartsupport so I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little about how I got here. I’m in my 50’s and about 4 years ago had a heart attack that left my heart in really bad shape. No one can really know why this happened but there is some speculation considering what I was going through at the time, which I will not get into here accept to say that I was suffering tremendously. In any case, now I have a implanted defibrillator/pacemaker and a lot of time on me hands while I attempt to reinvent myself at such a late age.

It has not been an easy road but I refuse to play the victim. Yes things happened to me but I caused a lot of my own misfortune so I’m just trying to make the best out of what time I have left and giving back to the community is part of that. I don’t know what I have to offer anyone any more, but I refuse to believe that I am still here for no reason. I believe I have to make something of it so I volunteered here starting off with the SWAT thing. As I said I’m just starting out in this community but being in here and seeing what people are doing, I can fit in well I think and I’m excited about where this journey will take me.

2 Likes

Late to reply here, but welcome @jimmyjarhead! And thank you for being here. It’s always neat to see how much everyone’s story here is rich and different. Truly admire and respect your willingness to reinvent yourself and find again a sense of meaning within. You absolutely have things to offer and receive, and I’m so thankful you’re giving both yourself and people in this community a chance to share parts of this journey with you. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like