A second letter to my horrible ex

You contacted me a month ago to say you got shot. It shook me. You also said you were going to rehab, my guess for your disorder. At first, I was concerned…and upset that you could have lost your life… and then I realized I was still angry with you. I was angry because you went back to another woman. I was also angry for you being stupid and going to a dangerous area of town (for God knows what). THEN, icing on the cake, you tell me two days ago you got another woman pregnant while we were still trying to work things out in November. When I was planning to come see you (I live in another state), you told me you were “too insecure to see me”. You continued to make promises to me and I fell for them like an idiot. Well, you sure were too insecure to see me but mentioned that instead of seeing me, you fu**ed this girl three times and you are deep in love with her. This is your third baby mama.
I used to believe that your bad boy youth was excusable because you are now working on your mental health and really tried to show me that you want to be a good person. We’re both diagnosed bipolar so I thought we were really helping each other.

I was clearly wrong. I would never hurt people the way you do. You are putting three women up against eachother. I don’t know how you do it so sneakily. You’re the most amazing liar I EVER met.
I remember getting frustrated when you would go for days without contacting me. You said I was overthinking. For a moment in January, we were actually doing great…communicating well and facetiming and joking. You paint pictures of a future we could have together.
I don’t understand why you hang onto me. Why would you tell me you want me and work on being with two other women/get one pregnant? God I feel stupid but again, you were my first love and we were back and forth for years so I don’t know why I’m shocked. It’s the way you just convince everyone around you. I thought I saw progress in your behavior so I stuck around but again, I was clearly wrong.
At this point I think it’s your goal to hurt women. When I asked you ever you ever think about how your actions effect others, you said “no and I’m just like my father who did the same…blame my father”.
I don’t know who you are but you disgust me. You can have fun trying to support this new child. Also this woman lives in the same city as me! You made excuses when it came to see me but she can come see you. I laughed because you told me to send you a hundred dollars so you can visit me in person and we can talk. Why would I want to see you ever again???

Seriously go f*** yourself. You’re an a** and I hope karma comes to you. I feel bad for your future child and having disgusting parents like you. No, I do not feel sorry for this girl. He said she knows about me and she was working on leaving a boyfriend. You’re both cheaters and deserve eachother

9 Likes

Hello there,

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this pain and frustration. I wish life was different to the point that it was fair and kind to us all, and we never had to feel the negativity…but here we are. I am proud of you for reaching out and allowing people to come alongside you to support and encourage you.

I hope you find peace for yourself and heal from all of the hurt that you have been dealt lately. Remember that life can be beautiful, wonderful, and amazing. You deserve all of those things.

You are strong. You are valid. You are worthy. You are enough. You matter.

3 Likes

Goodness. @Rosethorn, what a powerful letter. So full of awareness and deep, deep emotions. I can feel so much of your anger and pain. My heart breaks for you.

It seems that this person lives in a lie, a self-fulfilling prophecy regarding who he was. It is something that only can learn to change and heal, if he ever decides to. But that is definitely not your burden to carry. Especially after all the pain that his behavior caused.

I hope you know that you were not an idiot or a fool. We want to believe in the best of people we feel attached to. We believe they can change and want to be a part of that. I’m sorry he didn’t seize that change and hurt you even more. You never deserved to be treated that way. I am so proud of you and grateful that you manage to write all of this now. You are strong and you are claiming your strength. Your right for respect even more than anything else. And oh friend you deserve respect so much.

I hope these letters can be the beginning of some healing and closure for you. Sending friendly hugs your way. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Rosethorn,

I hope that this letter can be the end of a chapter of your life and also mark the start of a new one. Sounds like you’re ready for change and you deserve it. x

2 Likes

Hi Rosethorn, I’m so proud of you for writing this because it’s so true and you sound so confident. I hope it helped you to get all of this out for closer. I do the same thing when I have things to say and decide not to send it on. I’ve sent a lot of things I regret now. I’m also really happy that you aren’t with him anymore because he doesn’t sound like someone who deserves you. Take care. ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Hi Rosethorn. I really hope this has heped you to deal with your ex. He seems like really big ass. And honestly you did the best thing by cutting out of your life. These chronic liars are really horrible people. I really hope you will find somebody who is much better in the future. You deserve it. :heart:

2 Likes

Hello, Rosethorn! This was a very well written letter and I hope it made you feel so much better to write this and get it all out. I’m really glad you aren’t letting him try and get back into your life or use you. It sounds like you are better off without him and his drama. I hope you are able to let all of your anger and emotion out so that you can move on with your life with him firmly in your rearview mirror.
I hope things are going well in your new city and home. You are doing amazing! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hi Friend, firstly can I say that I am very proud of you for getting all of this out there and off of your chest and my goodness it seems you needed it. Now you have though I hope you can now maybe begin to let go an start to move on with your life, it seems to me that this man has put you through enough and now is the time to start again and put him in your past. You deserve so much better. I do hope that you can move forward and meet someone new, someone kind, honest and loving. because that is exactly what you deserve and karma take care of the past. Much Love Lisa. xx

1 Like

Hey Rosethorn, it’s a great step to write all of it down. I’m so sorry that you had such a rough time with your ex partner and that he treated you this way. I totally understand the frustration, hurt, and anger. I hope that letting it all out will help you move forward and that you’ll soon be able to close this heavy chapter of your life. It’s also okay to grieve this relationship if you feel like it. That doesn’t say he wasn’t toxic. No matter what he made you feel or think about yourself, you’re worthy of true love and you’re such a valuable person. Take good care of yourself. You matter, as does your mental health. You’re loved.

2 Likes

Hi Rosethorn,

It seems like this person has done a lot of bad things to you and I hope that you find a better person soon. It’s crazy how bad people can be sometimes and spread it to others. You’ve went through enough, and it’s time to start a new life. You got this :hrtlegolove: :hrtlovefist:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.