Action Plan: Apply for Thesis

Hi Tuna
I haven’t done much, I was physically sick. I need to probably change the goals.
I feel very sad for not being able to do much. I thought I will be able to .

2 Likes

Thank you for the update, @Mischty09. It’s 100% okay to change your goal if you need to because you got sick – that happens! Remember to take it easy on yourself – you need rest when sick and I recognize how easy it is to feel shame for resting, but resting is honestly the best thing you can do while sick; it’s not easy to be productive!

Wishing you the best,
<3 Tuna

3 Likes

Update:

Hello Everyone. I have selected my supervisor. I will follow his instructions to email him. I am currently trying to write an email that requires some work (what dataset I want to work on, what is my goal etc.).
Today I will choose the dataset & try to understand how can I work on that.
I have very little experience in machine learning, but I will try my best. finger crossed

3 Likes

Hey @Mischty09,

How has it been since your previous update? Have you received some feedback/follow up from the supervisor that you were about to email?

Looking forward to hearing some updates from you. No matter how good or bad they are. We’re in this with you, every step of the way. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hello, I gave some follow-up emails but I didn’t get any replies.
so I have decided to apply elsewhere (ex: company)
finger crossed

3 Likes

Fingers crossed indeed! Rooting for you, friend. This process can be frustrating and foggy at times (having to insist, eventually feeling like “bothering” people, not translating a lack of response by a thought of being worthless), but you are doing great. Super proud of you and for the steps you’ve been taking. <3

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t understand why would anyone not reply.
I have decided to meet the professor in person and see what happens
I want to apply to companies also because it will also pay me, and my financial worry will be gone if I get the opportunity. I just don’t have the confidence that I will get the thesis in a company.
BUt i have decided that worry is not for me to do.

3 Likes

BUt i have decided that worry is not for me to do.

Soooo true. Well done for stating this! :clap: :clap: How people decide to interact (or not) is not a burden you ever have to carry. I know it’s easy, especially when we’re anxious, to hold a lot of unecessary stress and feelings of repsonsibility on our shoulders… while really, when you look at it, you’re doing everything right, and everything that is in your power. Everything that you can’t do or can’t result from your decisions are not burdens you ever deserve to carry.

Once you push the worries and fears away – even if you have to do it over and over --, you can see a road on front of you that is actually possible to take. It seems more attainable, more clear.

You have skills, you are competent, and I believe there will be people in the places you where apply who will see it, who will see you. You’re not where you are right now by mistake: it is the result of your intelligence, growth and determination!

Still rooting for you. Looking forward to hearing about how it goes for you, whenever you are comfortable sharing. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

thank you so much for checking in, it does feel like a family member is checking on me.
I have applied to two places for my master’s thesis. Two companies, they are big companies, Idk if they will choose me, but I will keep applying until I get a good one

also, i am adopting two cats, I hope they will make my daily life a little better.
I will keep on applying , hoping for the best

3 Likes

Hey @Mischty09,

It’s been a while <3 How have you been doing? Are the cats living with you now? (so hyped for you about this!) How has been the applications for your thesis?

Thinking of you and rooting for you, still. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Micro
I had a job and got fired too!
So now I will keep searching for a job now

2 Likes

hey, I’m so sorry that you lost your job. How are you doing these days?

2 Likes

jah stayed in bed for a while
gave 2 exams
today I am feeling a bit better

3 Likes

as long as you are taking care of yourself. That’s the most important thing.
you’re loved, friend

2 Likes

i know
it was a very difficult journey
but I want to join to rotary club
they help eaach other
sincerely’
NAfisa

1 Like

Just emailed the professor for my research proposal
and passed b2 level german

2 Likes

That’s amazing! You are making good progress so far!

That is awesome, @Mischty09 - well done! You’re trying, keeping on moving and making new steps forward, that’s huge. :clap: :clap:

1 Like