After all everything feels the same

From fantasmaaa.: i always thought that finishing school would be like a fresh new start, i would get more friends and be more relaxed and focused and not as anxious and that my life and everything would improve but even tho my life has improve im still so depressed almost everyday i feel bad abt myself and how everyone is better than me, i feel lost i feel like my life is already over and i cant rlly find happiness, even tho i actually got friends im not open with them i js follow them around cuz im scared of them leaving me, and even tho uni its a different enviroment and stuff why isnt anybody as stressed as me over everything why is nobody worrying why am i the only one dying inside while everyone else feels so happy, its like im stuck on time, everything has passed too fast, im almost 17 now and i dont feel ready for the things to come and i js wanna cry and curl up into a ball

i wish i could be more open about myself but i cant bring myself to do that when they could hurt me like people before, i never talk abt stuff i like even tho they ask me for it, i dont even know who i am im so confused of everyone js already having a strong personality i js wanna be like them i wanna be open i wanna be free i wanna be myself, but i dont even like myself i hate myself so much and im jealous over other ppls happiness, everyone seems so happy talking with their friends while i js, dont, while i js overthink stuff and stress myself over not getting perfect grades, i sometimes have some actual fun and i feel nice but then i start sinking back into reality and knowing that my destiny is set in stone and there is no better example of this other than

him. i discovered i was bi some months ago and i js experienced my first male crush and its devastating the way im obsessing over him but i wont be able to even talk with him cuz im too shy to, the most painful part is that he IS gay so i could have a genuine chance with him but…

3 Likes

I am sorry I only see your post now, otherwise I would have replied earlier.
I am really sorry you feel so down and hate yourself. As you write it seems other people are feeling happy which makes you feel even worse. However, many people are good at putting up a mask and pretend they are doing well. It is very well possible that some of the people around you that seem happy from the outside are actually struggling very much but just not open enough to tell others about it.

You are almost 17 which means you are still very much developing yourself, finding out what you like and what you are good at and find joy in. This is indeed confusing and scary. And at the same time it can also be exciting, like falling in love with another boy for the first time. I can relate to being too shy to actually talk to your crush. I hope you can somehow be gentle with yourself, being able to fall in love means your heart is capable of love. And I think that is something to celebrate, even when it might not feel so for you right now.

I think it is great that you are brave enough to share your struggles and feelings with us. And I hope you can see that your destiny is not set in stone, it might feel like that. But your brain is still developing, and so are you. Maybe you can write down at least one thing that you like about yourself? It could be anything,even a small thing. Maybe you are good at making art, or you can play an instrument or you are really good at a certain subject or you are a good listener or you are good at having fun with certain activities. It might help you to get a better view of yourself.

I want you to know that you matter very much, there is only one you in this world. And I am happy that you are here.
Hold fast!

1 Like

Hello! I made a video response to your topic here! Please know you are not alone, we are here for you! :ag_icon:

After all everything feels the same support

1 Like