AILD Fan #143

Reaching out to help others and be there for them. Then in return is nothing, it’s easy to just shut it out and disconnect. But all that’s done is drive me insane.

1 Like

Don’t live your life trying to feel like others have to accept you or love you. You live life as you want and you’ll learn to love life. Then you’ll soon see who love you for you and that will be the best feeling!

1 Like

It’s good to want to reach out and help others but not at the sacrifice of your own well being and mental health. Be sure to take care of you. Step back if you need to if you’re helping people that are not appreciating you.

I know I have my moments where I give so much of myself that I run myself empty of mental energy. And there have been times where I helped the wrong people, leaving myself feeling unappreciated.

Take care of where you put your time and energy. And who you invest in. If it’s causing you to feel awful, it may be good to step back a little.

I’m not sure what all triggered this post, but if you’d like to come back and talk about it and help me better understand, you’re welcome to.

Feel better friend

Hey,

It’s truly wonderful to be caring and willing to help others as you do. But you also need to take care of yourself. You have the right to keep some time and energy for yourself. When we help others, we can easily get burned, so it has to remain safe for everyone including you. Also, even if you don’t see some kind of reciprocity, it doesn’t mean that you’re not loved. We all tend to be there for others in many ways, and maybe you’re waiting for something different than what others can actually give. It’s only one possibility between many others.

In any case, you matter friend. Your feelings are alid and I hope it will get better for you in times to come. Take care. Be gentle with yourself. :heart:

It’s easy to feel like what you do isn’t important. Not many people appreciate your hard work and it can get taxing on your well being. What you do matters, even if people don’t tell you right away. Thank you for doing what you do. Being a good person in today’s world is hard, but you’re going a great job at it.

1 Like

Reaching out to people can be a helpful way to keep yourself positive, but it can also be taxing on your own well being. You should always take care of yourself and do things for yourself. You can disconnect in a safe way until you feel better and maybe that will help you feel like you can be more connected to others. I hope this helps you, and there is always somewhere where you do belong.

1 Like

I am a suicide server so I know what it’s like to not belong. We are all different for a good reason. It’s better to be different. Once you realize you’re

1 Like

different it’s a good feeling!

1 Like

Continue to be a light for them. Kindness goes a long way. Don’t give up on them.

1 Like