AILD Fan #84

My anxiety is ruining my health. I can’t live my life without worrying about my anxiety. I’m addicted to my anxiety meds.

From my experience, IT may not get better, YOU WILL GET BETTER… YOULL KNOW HOW TO OVERCOMING ANXIETY… THE BEST WAY TO DO IT IS TO PRACTICE MEDITATION

Hi friend,

I’m sorry you’re struggling with anxiety. It can be really scary and I understand why you may be overwhelmed, mentally and physically. Anxiety takes a lot of energy and it can be really exhausting. I can relate to what you described as I’ve been there too. Ending in being anxious because of anxiety itself feels like being trapped in an endless circle you can’t control. We can be scared that it will be like this forever and the only thing we could do is to endure.

But there’s hope.

It’s always possible to learn how to handle anxiety when it’s too intense. And you are capable of that! Of course, it won’t happen in one day, but step by step, with support, resources and patience. And as you mentioned medication, I can only assume that you’ve already initiated important steps for your own well-being. Which is a very good thing!

So, even if at the time you wrote this message you might have the sensation that this situation will always remain the same, it won’t. You will get better with time, you will learn how to mobilize your strengths and your intelligence to handle this on a daily basis. But I understand very well that one wishes to be able to withdraw these intense sensations as quickly as possible. It’s perfectly legitimate. Also, if you’re worried about your health and your medication, do not hesitate to talk about it to your doctor. There’s absolutely nothing wrong in doing that.

Things will be okay. Hold fast. :kissing_heart: